Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm in the process of building at 2JZ-NA-T and I ordered a new oil pump that said it was for a GE block and I know the GE oil pumps don't have a location for a crank position sensor but after I installed the pump and was in the process of installing the timing belt tensioner I noticed a spot on the pump that looks an awful like a place for a crank position sensor. See picture. Also I got this motor basically in a box of parts and I found this sensor (see picture) which fits the "crank position sensor" hole. So is this a GE pump or did they send me a GTE pump???

Attachments

·
iSPOOL
1,400 Posts
I think the 97+ NA supras had the crank sensor on the oil pump? Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

I'm too lazy to go double check my girlfriends car at the moment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the 97+ NA supras had the crank sensor on the oil pump? Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
I'm too lazy to go double check my girlfriends car at the moment.
The engine is an NA non vvti and the original pump did not have a place for the crank sensor if that helps...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Where did the new pump come from. If you ordered it at a Toyota dealer then it should be a na pump. I believe Toyota stopped making non vvti pumps for na and gte. The new gte pump I have has a bolt hole for the vvti pipe support. It’s cheaper for Toyota to make 2 versions instead of 4.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think your right. All the pictures I can find of the ge pump and gte pump show a crank position sensor location. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts