Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 TT Supra, Black w/ tan interior, everything factory exc. aftermarket intake, turbo timer, and aftermarket stereo head unit, 75,000 miles, dealer's asking price is 37,900. Planning on trading in a vehicle towards it, but wanted your guy's opinion too.

·
Something cool
670 Posts
Sounds pretty damn high to me.... You can get a highly modded perfect condition supra for that price.... Check the for sale section...

·
Registered
186 Posts
From what i've seen latly in order to get $38k you would have to change the 75k miles to under 35k miles. But I haven't been looking for a long time so thats just my 0.02. What does KBB.com say the value is?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Key word: Stealership

·
Something cool
670 Posts
I would sugget getting a 93-96 6spd with 67mm turbo, supporting mods, tuned nicely, rims, and in good condition. It will save you about $20k in modifications..... Then again year and mileage don't have as much weight as performance and looks, to me. If it's been taken care of and in good condition it will last! If you have $37k to spend you can do a hell of a-lot better then stock with 75,000 miles!!! Trust me! I know your prolly excited and want a supra but wait and find one that already done, you will be much happier!!! Also I just searched for like 2 minutes imagine what will pop up with a little more research!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd really much rather find one that hasnt been modified. That RSP that's for sale is such a perfect candidate for what I'm looking for, but doubt any dealer would be asking 33,9 for it.

·
Something cool
670 Posts
Well, if you want a stock low mileage supra from a dealer, thats a pretty good deal. I would suggest offering them 32k, they'll prolly take it. Especially if you tell them you will buy it today. If you look online you will find better deals. It does envolve a-lot of time and you selling your current car to someone as well, but in turn could result in a better outcome. I dislike dealerships though, I always feel they try to rip me off, I'm also a cheap ass. I always want more power as well, if I had 35K to spend, I'd get it modded, because it cost a-lot to do it yourself! Goodluck, with whatever you purchase!!! Here's some other sites to browse...
www.supratraderonline.com
www.suprastore.com
www.speedforsale.com
www.ebay.com

·
Registered
720 Posts
KBB says around $35,000 for it.

KBB doesn't matter for these cars. It's all about supply and demand. Demand=very high. Supply= very low. I'd say that's a very fair price for a 98 with under 100k.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i just baught my black on black 93 TT auto with over 125k miles for 25,000 US (28,000 canadian). maybe my pricing will help u make a decision, but personally if it's not a 6spd that ur trying to buy, i find the price higher than it should be! but then again, the car is coming from a dealer...
maybe you can bargain with them like someone already stated? im sure if u show up with some cash they will drop their mouths and agree to a lower price, try it out you have nothing to lose!! and good luck man :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the car is a 6 spd. i will try some bargaining with them. thanks for your guy's inputs. If all goes well, you can surely count on hearing more from me on this:D

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
That is pretty high for almost stock car, I would trade your vehicle in on it and take the rest in cash to make 30K and take the car home. That car is in the same condition as mine was virtually bone stock and comparable miles, I gave 27K for mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts