Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good deal?

My friend is selling his system. I have heard it and it is one of the cleanest, clearest sounding systems I have listened to, and although it is used, it was never abused, rarely turned that loud and still sounds awsome.

--JL audio amp... something like 500 watts for the highs
--JL audio tweeters x 2
--JL audio 5.25'' speakers x 2
--JL audio 12'' subs x 2 with a box
--1000 watts amp, can't remember the brand, for the low's/subs
--Wires and such

TOTAL $600

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MDSuPeRStAr said:
Yes. (I need 10 letters)
Thanks, but I didn't get the second part.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Supra SONIC said:
Thanks, but I didn't get the second part.
this new forum system wont let you post any replies with less than 10 characters :jerkit:

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-SuPrA sInGh- said:
this new forum system wont let you post any replies with less than 10 characters :jerkit:
Gotcha, didn't know they started that, but it is good nevertheless.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
That sounds like an excellent deal! Make sure everything is functioning properly and then go for it ASAP! I might not be the biggest JL fan but that is still a great price.

N

·
0 Posts
Ill buy it. But depending on the brand on the 1000 watt amp I would upgrade that and all the speakers...

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Yea, i have all JL stuff, nice quality. I'd personally buy that. Very good deal if it isn't stolen haha j/k

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still haven't bought the system. He pulled it from his audi which is getting demolished; because of the hassle he left the wires in the car.

What also sucks is I found out what he actually has, which is still one of the best sounding systems I have heard... balanced and clean sounding. This is what he sent me:

XR525-CW (for the 5.25 speakers and the 1in tweeters, they dont make that model anymore, but the XR525-CSI has the same specs)
JL Audio 300/4 (for the amp i used for those speakers)
Pyramid PB680 (for the subs amp)
2 Infinity Kappa 12.1 SE subwoofers with ported box

So, minus the fact that it isn't JL anymore, and there is no longer wiring in the kit, then what should I ask. Like is $500 still a good price???????

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I forgot to add, he said there is also a crossover.

E

·
0 Posts
Supra SONIC said:
Still haven't bought the system. He pulled it from his audi which is getting demolished; because of the hassle he left the wires in the car.

What also sucks is I found out what he actually has, which is still one of the best sounding systems I have heard... balanced and clean sounding. This is what he sent me:

XR525-CW (for the 5.25 speakers and the 1in tweeters, they dont make that model anymore, but the XR525-CSI has the same specs)
JL Audio 300/4 (for the amp i used for those speakers)
Pyramid PB680 (for the subs amp)
2 Infinity Kappa 12.1 SE subwoofers with ported box

So, minus the fact that it isn't JL anymore, and there is no longer wiring in the kit, then what should I ask. Like is $500 still a good price???????
Personally, I'd pass on that offer. Pyramid...*shudders*.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
Stick with the JL system, you'll go away happy. What subs and amp are in the JL package?

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stick with the JL system, you'll go away happy. What subs and amp are in the JL package?
I listed them a few posts up. The only JL products were the amp, tweeters, two 2-way crossovers and the 5.25'' speakers. The other amp in Pyramid, and the two 12's are Infinity.

Personally, I'd pass on that offer. Pyramid...*shudders*.
Yeah, already bought the system, but it never shuddered. It sounded hard and crisp all the time. I figure 1000watt (I don't know the rms) will do fine with two 12's when the plan isn't to be killing my ears, just add some full range and beat to my music.

I have almost the identical system, it's great. Buy it !!
Yeah, I know why you like it. It is clean for some reason :dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts