Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alpine DA852 Din & 1/2. How will it look in the Supra? I don't know too much about stereos. Thanks

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
Usually people get the 1 1/2 din to fill a GM opening like in your camaro. Supras have a 2 din opening so you'll need to fill that gap.

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
If you want to buy a new head unit you could buy a single din Alpine unit and then get an instalation kit that would fill that gap. Most, if not all, car stereo places carry, or can get them. Or you can take your Supra to your local stereo shop and have them fit your 1.5 din into the supra if you really like that H.U. Or..if you're adventurous you could build it yourself from ABS plastic or Fiberglass.
If you want a new double din alpine, I belive the CDA-w550 will fit.....Not positive though....

·
Money Talks...
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want a double din of some sort. I don't like the look of all that plastic shit around the radio. I'll check out that Alpine. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
personally, I'd go with a 1 din deck, and maybe a 1 din eq below it. or you could go w/ a 1 din motorized screen (CVA-1003 or 1006), and a dvd player below it (DVA 5205) if you have the $$.

please note the model numbers listed are from Alpine. Eclipse would be my second choice. They have a 6 disk in dash dvd changer. I don't know the model numbers.

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
If you've got that kind of $$$ the set up he listed would be AWESOME. You can pick up a cheap Alpine 1005 on Ebay and then buy my 5755G as a processor/time phase corrector/cd player/eq! Or use the 1003 or 6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts