1990 Turbo 5-speed
105K miles
Power everything
Leather

A few mods like exhaust, MHG, springs, nothing major

MKIV wheels

Perfect body and interior, no mechanical problems

Seller is asking $5700

I am a little hesitant because book value for a private party is about $3500 and dealer is $4700. Should I try to talk him down to $4700 or so or is this a good price.

Thanks.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
I wouldnt give him $5700, but it really depends... Every car is different, it all depends on the over all condition and how well it was taken care of... Got any pics?

·
ODS
847 Posts
I payed more for less... See if you can get him to 5,000 or less if the paint is good and all... If the car has problems, ask for less...

SMo'

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,736 Posts
It really depends on the overall condition. I would not have a problem paying that much if the car met my expectations.

Perfect means many different things to many people. The history of ownership would also play a part as well.

You really can't count on the book value when attempting to purchase a MK3 Supra. The best thing to do would be to try to find a knowledgable MK3 owner to look at it with you.

Good luck.

Dan

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
also if you really want one or not and the availability around your area. do you think its worth that much?

·
Registered
482 Posts
If it's in excellent shape you know no dents and no torn seats no oil leaks
and there are not that many in your area I think it'll be worth it.
When I got mine the guy wanted $6,500 after I looked at it and found leaks everywhere
I got it for $4,000 cash!! It had no dents!
Good luck

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
As every1 stated depends entirely on condition, history, location, and what it's worth to you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, it depends on how perfect. But if everything looks great and it runs perfect i'd say 5k would be ok. Ask him if he has reciepts for the MHG and the labor he had done to the block/head for it. If it all checks out and it looks like the MHG was done right, that alone will save you a lot of time and headache.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts