Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LOOKING FOR 200MPH
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 months or 3000 miles ago I replaced my stock rotors with Brembo slotted and cross drilled rotors. I didn't change the pads...about a week ago I started getting a vibration in my steering wheel when I apply the brakes. I took it too a wheel shop and they said the rotors are probably warped. They didn't have the proper machine to check them. They put a straight edge up against the rotor and spun it. He said it seemed to be okay, but without putting it on a machine he couldn't be sure. It seems pretty strange that the rotors would warp after only 3000 miles. I have contacted the company I bought them from and can probably get them exchanged. I don't want to wait a week for them to be shipped if that's not the problem. What else could be causing this shake in the steering wheel when I brake? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
It sounds like a classic case of warped rotors, but from time to time my Stillen rotors would vibrate at high speed braking when they were new, but then they stopped. After a while they started again (they were definitely warped) and I turned them and they are fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts