Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tryna figure out why my car wont start. The part number for a auto soarer is 89661-24280 and for manual its 8.....-24290. Now my ecu says 8.......- 22610! What da heck is that? Everything is on a white label in black and white lettering. Ive seen others on green labels and white lettering. hmmm can anyone clarify?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
89661-22610 = 95-96 Mark 2, Chaser and Cresta A/T ECU.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so how do I know if the engine is from a soarer or a chaser? The body clips went in just fine tho. Would there be any markings on the block stating jzz30 or sumthing? Btw its rear sump and the stock sc3 mounts went in just fine, doesnt sit high or anything like that.

·
Got 2JZ MkIII???
244 Posts
i can understand why a chaser one wont work (them having a VVTI 1jz with single turbo) but if you need a soarer ECU even if you're manual you can use a A/T one...just bridge off the neutral start and it'll work then just fine.

EDIT: NA-Sc3 chaser's had the VVTI version of a 1jz, so its pretty obvious :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can understand why a chaser one wont work (them having a VVTI 1jz with single turbo) but if you need a soarer ECU even if you're manual you can use a A/T one...just bridge off the neutral start and it'll work then just fine.

EDIT: NA-Sc3 chaser's had the VVTI version of a 1jz, so its pretty obvious :)

All of them had vvt-i? I thought the earlier versions had the non vvt-i. The car still cranks, but wont start. It keeps blowing the 30amp efi fuse

·
Got 2JZ MkIII???
244 Posts
i just saw jeff's post that said 95-96 which have the VVTI engine in them (a friend here owns a chaser with the VVTI 1jz)...kinda odd its blowing fuses, my brother has a 1jz soarer and when we got in the wrong ECU for it (the stock one blew out) we didnt have any issues other then it wouldnt start.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I thought the VVT-i started in 97 (08/96 on).

Pretty sure the ECU posted (22610) is for non-VVT-i, but I'll check at work tomorrow.

·
Got 2JZ MkIII???
244 Posts
ahhhh no you're right on that one, my friends is a 96 and i thought they upgraded pre-96 to bring in the VVTI performance line to the x100 but it was september 1996 that they put the VVTI engine into a chaser...pretty much around when the 2jz VVTI was brought out to the facelifted MkIV.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
2JZ got VVT-i in 08/97 IIRC (1 year later). :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok... so its definately from a chaser. They have different grounds for the ecu pinouts than the soarer im assuming. Maybe thats why I keep getting a short and blowing fuses when the car is started. Ill see what happenes with a soarer ecu.

·
1jz 4runner
48 Posts
Ok... so its definately from a chaser. They have different grounds for the ecu pinouts than the soarer im assuming. Maybe thats why I keep getting a short and blowing fuses when the car is started. Ill see what happenes with a soarer ecu.
I'm pretty sure the soarer and chaser ecu's are plug and play interchangeable. I know they use the same plugs, and I don't see why toyota would change the wiring.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm pretty sure the soarer and chaser ecu's are plug and play interchangeable. I know they use the same plugs, and I don't see why toyota would change the wiring.
Im not 100% sure but to eliminate the problem im having would be best to get the correct ecu.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts