Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
i still dont get why people use the sr20 when you can build the factory 2.4 for the same price as buying the sr20 and it will allow more power as well as getting .4 more liters

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
SJ said:
i still dont get why people use the sr20 when you can build the factory 2.4 for the same price as buying the sr20 and it will allow more power as well as getting .4 more liters
SR20 has an insane aftermarket support

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
wtfx100 said:
Um not really a 2jz swap in a m3 is much more common. Why bother with the 4 banger?
putting a 2jz in an e30 will probably throw off the weight ratio.. the SR20 is probably a better fit..

besides.. power is power... you will probably get more tq out of a 2jz than a SR20... but when you get an E30 .. you don't get it for high power highway runs.. you get it for road racing or autocrossing... which an SR20 is more ideal

·
2,112 Posts
doug said:
SR20 has an insane aftermarket support
you are correct hear but I could put together the same setup for about the same price ... i would only say this if a high hp car were being built....300rwhp or so would of course be much cheaper with the sr20 but 600 or more would be better with the 2.4

·
Registered
970 Posts
Damn..that car is local to me and I know the owner. That car is pretty god damn sick!!! It is a damn sleeper if you ask me. The owner is a badass guy as well

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whatever said:
So are you saying you support this swap? Cause I recall you saying how stupid it was for people to swap an LS1 into a RX-7.
would i like to own this car YES!
would i buy a rare 1st gen m3 and do this swap HELL FACKEN NO :)

im against swapping jap motors in euros's - or domestic motors in rx7's
now if i owned a lexus Is - id love to swap the jdm turbo motor in it :chicken:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TheMadSupra said:
Damn..that car is local to me and I know the owner. That car is pretty god damn sick!!! It is a damn sleeper if you ask me. The owner is a badass guy as well

if i had money to burn id buy it! Why is he selling it??

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
jkisneffect said:
would i like to own this car YES!
would i buy a rare 1st gen m3 and do this swap HELL FACKEN NO :)

im against swapping jap motors in euros's - or domestic motors in rx7's
now if i owned a lexus Is - id love to swap the jdm turbo motor in it :chicken:
Agreed !

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
SJ said:
you are correct hear but I could put together the same setup for about the same price ... i would only say this if a high hp car were being built....300rwhp or so would of course be much cheaper with the sr20 but 600 or more would be better with the 2.4
displacement isn't the end all be all of choosing an engine.

·
2,112 Posts
OneJoeZee said:
displacement isn't the end all be all of choosing an engine.
i dont see where your arguement is? displacement is one of the most important things here ... all you need is an oil return and pressure line using a filter adapter ... then you have a engine capable of holding more power and larger to allow faster spooling of theturbo, larger powerband, more hp, do u want me to keep going?

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
I'm just saying, if displacent was the biggest most important factor and that was widely accepted, there would be no SR swaps anywhere, no 1J swaps, no RB swaps or anything else like that.

so it's hard to say just get the 2.4L engine, the .4L makes it automatically superior and theres no reason to do otherwise.

theres more to it than that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts