Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fellow member on supraforums has offered to donate me a block since mine was damaged by the machinist... It looks pretty rough so I'd just like some opinions if there will be any problems getting this thing cleaned up. I'm getting a full bore/hone etc. (cross-post from supramania)

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
wow! that looks like it has been sitting in the bottom of a lake.
free rocks, but id keep looking. that's gonna take a lot of time ($$) to revive if that is even possible. its hard to tell from the pics but its gonna need some major work and im still not convinced it is useable. perhaps take it to your machinist to get the best idea. but either way thats a lot of time, work and money involved.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats nothing. Assuming there isnt major rust pitting in the mains or bores, that can easily be thermal cleaned and made to look like new.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Does this have anything to do with the block that came up with a smap piece missing after it went to the machinist, and every one was saying make the machinist buy you a new one? If so the machinist could probably look at it and tell you if it is worth cleaning up, after all he/she would know best. Plus the expense would not be out of your pocket would it?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KLH2004a said:
Does this have anything to do with the block that came up with a smap piece missing after it went to the machinist, and every one was saying make the machinist buy you a new one? If so the machinist could probably look at it and tell you if it is worth cleaning up, after all he/she would know best. Plus the expense would not be out of your pocket would it?
Absolutely correct, however the block is in Georgia and I am in Tucson ;) I will definitely ask my machinist what he thinks first since he'll be the one covering shipment of the block to his shop, but I also wanted an initial opinion from you guys -- he's a hard guy to get a hold of and not so close that I want to drive there all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts