Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an mk4 from school, im trying to figure out if its n/a or turbo. I havent had a chance to talk to the dude, only seen him actually driving it once, otherwise its just parked.

Its an auto, and also doesnt have any boost gauges....but i dont know anything about mk4's so maybe they dont have stock boost gauges?? i dont know im an mk3 guy. Car looks stock to me, and i forgot to look for a FMIC, will do that next time i guess... also the car has no badges on the back of it...well heres the pic:

P

·
0 Posts
Well the way you can tell is by showing us a pic of the engine. Between tt and n/a Mkiv supras there are many diffrences and the engines look very diffrent. Besides engine internals the breaks and suspension are better on the tts. On the engine the head and cams are different. The tt is better all around. Like I said just send me a pic and I can show you what they look like this is a tt
I hope I can be of help.

·
Big Member
707 Posts
damn thats dirty tell him to wash it.
nas have 16 inch rims
tts have 17 inch rims
i cant tell by the pic but i think its an na

·
Registered
892 Posts
Looks like a Turbo to me. Like stated above, the 3 things to look for to see if it's a turbo, externally, are 17" wheels, 13.1" brakes in the front and 12.9" brakes in the back and in the passenger front cooling duct, there's a small side-mount intercooler.

Brandon

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
yea those rims look like the 17 inch rims. i think the 16 inch rims also come with smaller spokes in the five star if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update, a guy in my class said he saw an fmic on the car...but he's a ricer and doesnt know shit...specially since mk4 has a side mount....i will check it tomorrow if i see it

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just look at the shifter. If it has a little piece sticking out just below the knob, its a 6 speed because this is the piece you have to pull up to get reverse. If it is a six speed, it is a TT. ( If it is the stock shifter ). NA 5 speed shifter sits lower too.

·
Registered
624 Posts
OOps. Just noticed you said AUTO, sorry. Check the wheels. Not too many NA people put 17 " TT wheels on their car, they just wait til they buy the TT.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
those are turbo wheels and im pretty sure your friend in class is wrong...most people dont have FMIC's with the stock exhaust.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
I think it looks like an N/A. But its hard to tell under all that dirt.

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Definetly looks NA, takes a true NA owner to pic out the rims =), could be wrong still, but i think it is, check the difference in these two cars.. you can see the rims spoke width is different.. (my car and some random guys I found)

R

·
0 Posts
That is a TT by the look of the wheels to this NA owner who has TT wheels. Since it is auto, look in the large open area and see if there is a fan on the right side. It will be an electric one. This will also tell you if it is a TT.

Ryan

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
bobmarley-
you think those look more like n/a's than turbos? nah those are turbo wheels...the spokes are too thick. and the aspect ratio of the tire is too low. i bet you those are 255 or 265/40r17s

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
I'd have to say that it is probably a turbo. I don't believe the wing was an option from the dealer for the years that anthracite was in production. The wheels also look like a turbo. However, the turbo wheels were a factory option for all years, as my 93 has the chrome TT rims from the factory, plus an LSD from factory. Just check the front brakes; if they are huge, its a turbo, if they look normal then its an NA. Not many people go through the trouble of actually upgrading NA brakes to the TT ones.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts