Supra Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
As already mentioned, by far the easiest way is to just look at the front brakes. Easy enough to do from a roll and you don't have to check VIN'S, crawl under the car or scrutinize the tires for sizing info. Kind of hard to miss 13" brakes and 4 piston calipers with "Supra" emblazened on them. If he was crazy enough to swap brakes, he just might have been crazy enough to go NA-T or swap to the GTE. Brakes are a dead giveaway and you don't even have to get out of your car.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
ahhh he parked beside my mk3 today but i was in class, i saw it from out of the window of one of my classes and when class was done i went over there and he was gone..will try to look tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
shit forgot bout this thread....it is a turbo, has the huge brakes, and i finally got a chance to talk to the guy, daddy bought it for him, damn spoiled kids. Buddy ca hardly even drive it....seen him pull into a parking spot and it took him 3 trys.

D

·
0 Posts
Evil_TT said:
um ok, so here is a question tell me if im wrong, i was under the understanding that on a Turbo Supra the Brakes Said Supra on them and on an NA they do not, why not just have him check the brakes and see if they say supra rather than have him check anything else?
i have a n/a and my calipers have the supra logo on them. maybe they put them on the 97-98s, tho.

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
Dragonfly5338 said:
i have a n/a and my calipers have the supra logo on them. maybe they put them on the 97-98s, tho.
Turbos have a red line underlining the Supra logo on the caliper. No red line on the n/a.

D

·
0 Posts
N/A mkiv's DO have Supra on the caliper but no red line, check that and look for traction control on the bottom of the console right infront of the shifter....immediate giveaway

D

·
0 Posts
SupraLB said:
Turbos have a red line underlining the Supra logo on the caliper. No red line on the n/a.
yup yup, there ya go. no red lines on mine, hehe. thanks for clarifying! :)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts