Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
I never heard of em, but then again my definition of a track doesn't have turns... aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has a drag strip among all the cool things it will bring.

BoostAddctn said:
I never heard of em, but then again my definition of a track doesn't have turns... aight peace :chicken:

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
silvino said:
This has a drag strip among all the cool things it will bring.
I just noticed, but man thats a long drive :( I hope someone opens a track soon, the ballers of SVB needs to buy land for everyone and make it a nice mile long track ;) aight peace

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
hey sil, i remember hearing about this in 2003, but i was never sure it had finally got all the permits and regulations to finally open.

i guess plans are still a go, since they have a public meeting on april 7th this week

this will be sweet as the only viable track for most people here in la county is 2 hours north at willow springs etc..

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a ton of reasons:

-Cheap land (cost of property, taxes, maintenance)
-No people to annoy with the sound (people don't want a racetrack near their house and vote against it much less allow one to be built then complain)
-Usually less legal paperwork to deal with (you have less political bullshit to get a track approved)

Those are what I believe are the more important ones.

dziuggy said:
what i dont understand is why they build tracks in the middle of nowhere

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
yah man people hate the track. My friend lives in Sac near the drag strip. Its fucking ridiculous all these people moved in there and got a good deal because of the proximity to the track. He says every town meeting they complain to no end about the noise :rolleyes:

For him, he loves it. He watches the races from his master bedroom window.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why would Gilroy want a track there? Turst me, there's people resisting it in many places. Gilroy will be booming in a few years. Morgan Hill is already blowing up.

·
OCC
897 Posts
silvino said:
Why would Gilroy want a track there? Turst me, there's people resisting it in many places. Gilroy will be booming in a few years. Morgan Hill is already blowing up.
Gilroy had boomed ages ago... on the verge/in process of booming are little towns WAAAAY out in the boonies like Los Banos, Patterson, etc, and they won't even want racetracks...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts