Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i went and started my car a min. ago and drove it up the road, it was running good, acted like it liked the winter time air got it back, let it idle for a min. before i shut it off popped the hood and my upper rad. hose started to gurggle a little,so i let it cool and put a little more coolent in it and it went away, is this normal, when i started it the a/c was on and i didnt know it,is this the cause?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i never run the a/c so i dont know and i cant get anything on the search

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt hear it anywhere else, just the hose

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
It'd blame it on normal rad fuild running a little low over time. It has nothing to do with the AC unit. If you had your heater running then it MIGHT have something to do with it but even then the only reason it would gurgle is if you are low on rad fluid.

Kruso

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should i go ahead and replace all the coolent hoses?

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Replacing all the coolant hoses is never a good idea but I doubt its necessary. If you had the heater on, the little heater valve which is located on the firewall opens up letting the water in and out of the heater core, it has somewhat to do with the water in the radiator but not the AC system.

Kruso

ps
just curious, why do you have five replies to your own thread, why not just edit the old one??

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
the little button at the bottom of every post that says "edit"

·
Registered
361 Posts
if your cars a turbo and you were giving it shit. chances are the turbo was hot and when the engines off, water inside the turbo was just boiling.

happens all the time on a friends ST165 GTFOUR/AllTrac (3SGTE w/CT26)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts