Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Go to napa.... ask for p/n 0s885. It is the three wire sensor that our supras need, and it even has a weldable bung that comes with it although I don't think it is needed for stock replacement.
It is made by echlin.
Cost is around $45.
Good hunting.

·
JE, AEM, OS Giken'd 7M
320 Posts
mdcmotorsports,
I recently did my research into the Echlin 0S885 sensor. Don't get me wrong, I'm runnin' it myself, but I started asking questions, and as it turns out the sensor is REALLY made by Bosch and Napa is replacing the OS885 sensor with a bosch one. They said that there were "supersede" the sensor (when asked they said this just meant going to the maker, of the maker of the sensor, aka Bosch.)
I got the last one at my local NAPA, and they said they were replacing the 0S885, so those of us that need that 3-wire flange, should watch for that change...

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Ahhh 88targarose....
You ran into the same problemo!
The thing is, BOSCH seems that they have misprinted most if not all their O2 sensor applications guides.
I went through three different part numbers of BOSCH 02 sensors, supposedly all made for the 89 turbo, and wala! none of them worked!
So, when I did a little hunting on my own, I found the Echlin.
Hopefully there is an overstock at a mysterious top secret Napa location some where in the US so that we don't have to pay a left nut for the factory Yota one.

D

·
0 Posts
Go to any auto-parts store and ask for a 92 mustang LX heated sensor and it'll fit to the stock exhaust on the supra. You'll only need to find the adapter plate for using the screw-on type sensor with our exhaust, but it shouldn't be hard to find as well.

·
JE, AEM, OS Giken'd 7M
320 Posts
Yep,
dealer want's an arm and a leg for 'em. Your best best is the NAPA Echlin 0S885 if you can find it. It comes with an O2 Sensor, a Threaded mount for the stock elbow, and a gasket. SO, if you can find this sensor first, then you've got the threaded bung for future use. It's what I plan on doin', then just getting the 92 Mustang LX sensor from here on out. Only dilemma is you have to hack up your old O2 for it's wiring harness..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts