Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to get an interooler for a while now and i finally found one i like, my only question is if its too small, the intercooler is owned by a friend brand new for 120, my friend has a d-series honda which this intercooler came in a kit from ssautochrome, now i want to buy it nut im wondering if it will be too small, if anyone has it on their car could u post some pics
thanks

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
yep.. small

there's enough space for a much bigger one :)

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I would suggest the 24x12x3 because it fits without cutting, though there is some work to it for 7m.

If you want something that fits better, get the spearco copy one, it will fit like stock.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
I did a 30" x 12"ish x 3.5" spearco.

I think it fits perfectly, takes up all the open grill area and all fins are fed with air(mostly).

HTH

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Too small...

I wouldn't want my IC to be my bumper support in an accident tho....

IC with bumper support > Huge IC no bumper support

·
Registered
520 Posts
Has anyone made a aluminum sheeting duct setup to create a positive pressure environment on the front of the IC at speed?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Durrr said:
Has anyone made a aluminum sheeting duct setup to create a positive pressure environment on the front of the IC at speed?
i did because my car was overheating.

It fell off though on the highway :(. its harder than it looks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats what im saying about the support, u never know what might happen and i would like to be a little safe about lol, does anyone have an intercooler that fits in without no support, and i dont want one that looks like the stock one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts