Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i check the wastegates? or the actuators ... people call them different names VSVs, actuators, wastegates... im talking about the 2 actuators that you wire open when doing the TTC mod

would connecting a hose to them and putting 20psi in them let me know if they are working ? or how would i know if they are bad?

Right now both of the actuators (or wastegates, or VSVs) on the turbo side are wires to be open 100% for the TTC set up... but im loosing more pressure now than i was in Sequentail mode and i dont have a boost leak, so thats why i want to test the wastegates to see if they are leaking...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
swearitsstock said:
hook up a compressor to the vacuum line... set the compressor to the PSI you need, then let it rip... i just did this test today and yes it works
so what would tell me if they are bad or working good? is it either 100% good or just bad? or is there a middle ground in those?

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
on this kind of test... you only know whether its working or not, how well its working you will not know...

try it and see how it cfomes out, otherwise call precision turbo and engine and ask them for a better means

1 - 4 of 4 Posts