Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ebay and / or Searchtempest.com

Then go to your local Ace Hardware and get the small bits to finish - The back one will hold it self down, and the front two just need somthing to apply slight pressure (my black 24-valve cover has a piece glued underneath to hold it down.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bud! I'm trying to avoid dealerships due to brokerage fees/Duty for shipping to Canada.... I was always looking for the IS300 didnt even bother searching for the 98 N/A but will try both!

·
Supra Hoarder...
958 Posts
it'll work, but if you hit a bump, they may unplug and if there are any fumes from let's say a bad charcoal cannister or a leaky fuel rail seal and something sparks, you can expect a fire....

that's super-worst-case-scenario, but you never know..

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Mine have not moved in a year and a half of sitting unbolted. Also, if you remove the no.3 valve cover, the plug wires and coils will seal the spark plug holes. I blew off a coolant line and not a drop made it to the plugs.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I just purchased a used kit with brackets. I will post pics when it gets here. Should be here in time for the weekend

·
Registered
998 Posts
lol thats the kit i just bought lol

·
Registered
998 Posts
its defiantly a cleaner look!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm hoping this and a new O2 will fix my slight miss... I also replaced the plugs with Ngk platinum's but think I'm gonna switch them with the iridiums since they seem to have a better rating from peoples reviews.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Half assed shit right there.
Well, thats just the way I roll I suppose.

You wouldn't happen to actually have this mod on your car would you? If not, I'm not sure why you're making the above comment. The coils secure just fine without anything holding them down. Do I plan to secure them further? yes. Is it a priority? no.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Bosch Double Platinum

I'm hoping this and a new O2 will fix my slight miss... I also replaced the plugs with Ngk platinum's but think I'm gonna switch them with the iridiums since they seem to have a better rating from peoples reviews.
Just Check your Plug gaps and keep the Ngk platinum's if the are new. Iridium are all hype!

I'm running the IS300 coils and used http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/5696.htm with factory gap TSRM - ALWAYS CHECK YOUR PLUG GAPS!

If anything the newer coil helps update the ignition components and the full service helps bring the car some liveliness back.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If anything, go back to copper plugs. Thats what i hear is the best plug for our cars. And check the gap

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.