Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I have a IS300 i'm putting a Haltech PS2000 in but i'm having some issues i'm posting to see if anyone has some insight.

The car is a 2004 IS300

FIC 1100 injectors
Stock coils
Stock cam and crank sensor
Kelford 264 cams
Haltech triple channel igniter
No longer has VVTI

The car starts and runs but it doesn't seem to be running on all cylinders. When we pull injectors 3 and 4 it doesn't make any difference. We double checked the wiring for ignition, fuel, it all seems to be correct.

At first we had the trigger setup 36-2+3 but then I found out the cam has 1 trigger so we changed it but it still doesn't run right. Tomorrow i'm gonna have IP setup a base map to eliminate any setup issues but I wanted to see if anyone here had some insight.

Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
Use a test light to check your coils are firing. Also i had issues with trigger angle. Think some people use the front cam sensor and others use the rear. The rear is 64 degrees with a tooth offset of 10 and front is like 32 with an offset of 22 or something. Use a timing gun on number 1 and lock the timing. Thatll tell you if your out

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
how did you figure it out in the end? im still slightly paranoid mine is out 360 degrees lol.

·
Registered
466 Posts
how did you figure it out in the end? im still slightly paranoid mine is out 360 degrees lol.

Set your timing with the lock on in the Haltech but use the actual spark plug coil wire with the item I put in the link above. This way you are actually looking at cylinder 1 and there is no possibility of things getting confused.

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Seems like it's almost always the tune with issues like this but I did have an issue with the FIC injector adapters (I just started a thread today about it). I don't know if you're using them or not but my set had bad crimps on the terminals. Maybe something to check, maybe not...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Set your timing with the lock on in the Haltech but use the actual spark plug coil wire with the item I put in the link above. This way you are actually looking at cylinder 1 and there is no possibility of things getting confused.
you were running vvti coils? otherwise theyll both fire at the same time anyway ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is now working correctly, should be done on the dyno tomorrow. Base map provided by Alpha and I was good to go. PS2000 is so much nicer than the E6x...

·
Registered
524 Posts
so what was the issue?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trigger setup for the 1 sensor cam i'm guessing.. I loaded the base map from Alpha and it ran !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts