Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the Z has more power but i hear about alot of problems with reliablity and other things. im aiming for the 20k mark so i can get a Z for pretty cheap. however, the is300 5 speed is much more appealing than the Z for everything but power. obviously the Z is more powerful but u cant go wrong with a lexus. besides, the Z is everywhere and im much more used to the toyota engine. what would u pick?

·
Banned
612 Posts
friend just picked up a 350 z this evening. Traded his audi TT with 6K for it. Interesting car. Much quicker, turn off the annoying no fun button and you can really get it going. hate the interior of the Z, cheap plastic... the audi had such a nice high end look..

Id go with the z over the IS. IS is a little boring

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
IS300, Much better platform. Twin Turbo Internals go right in too. If you want power and reliabiilty and a little originality go with the IS300. Plus it is lighter than an MKIV NA. I work at a Nissan dealership, the Z is a nice car, but it is a work out to drive everyday. On the contrary, my best friend had an IS300 E shift which got fucked up and now he has an IS300 5 spd, the 5 spd is definitely more fun, i feel the IS's Brakes are more responsive and fade free + i feel the weight in the Z when it corners.

Had a little bit of a thread regarding the IS300.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369923

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,519 Posts
If you plan on doing power mods, Id go with the IS. If you plan on keeping it stock (or relatively stock), then Id go with the Z.

The IS is a little classier and a little more original, but isnt all that quick in stock form. The Z on the other hand, while it is a good bit faster, it almost has that mid-life crisis image that 2005 V6 mustangs have, at least to me.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
IS300. It handles and stops just as good as the Z and is a practical 4 door with a trunk, plus toyota quality, nicer interior etc etc.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^hahaha.... actually the car i REALLY want is the g35 but i cant seem to find one for the right price. so thats why i gave up on it. i'd much rather have the g35 over both of them.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
IS300 remains the best overall car my wife and I have ever purchased. I highly recommend one! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts