Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Addicted
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one its better ? (Bolt-On)
Im not planning on putting turbo now , maybe in the future.

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
save your money...
bang for the buck?
SC300
if you plan on boosting it / swapping
still SC300

I've had a 2003 that was boosted and a 1999 SC300 that was going to be

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I love the way the sc300 looks much more than the IS300. Once my CCW's get here , and the rest of my 2jz/6spd swap I can start having some fun :)

·
Addicted
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i mean better in quality ride, and which one is faster with the same amount of bolts on, for example which one respond better, since the IS is vvti, and either of them i cant get it cash it has to be financed.

I Like both, but is always good to hear opinions

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
Same Engines basically, IS300 has VVTi, 5 Spd SC300 is rare. The SC is a lot heavier than the IS, so with the same bolt ons, the IS maybe quicker.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I believe the SC300 motor has beefier rods, while the newer 2jz-ges found in the IS300 has weaker rods. So, if you plan on NA->T, SC300 is your platform.

(can someone chime in on the rod differences between the SC and IS?)

8,181 Posts
i'm on my second IS and third Lexus. i like it a lot. but at a certain point the SC and the IS lacks room once your kids starts getting bigger. so if u really really dont care about the rear space SC, if you dont care about the rarspace IS, if you do care about it then GS.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I believe the SC300 motor has beefier rods, while the newer 2jz-ges found in the IS300 has weaker rods. So, if you plan on NA->T, SC300 is your platform.

(can someone chime in on the rod differences between the SC and IS?)
that is correct. NON VVt-i rods are the same mk4 gte rods. vvti's are thinner.

·
JetFire
5,399 Posts
I would do the SC3. I have a SC3 and plan on replacing my daily driver Matrix with the IS300 SportCross............I got a thing for wagons and coupes lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love the way the sc300 looks much more than the IS300. Once my CCW's get here , and the rest of my 2jz/6spd swap I can start having some fun :)
Do you have to pound out the tranny tunnel to fit the 6spd? I keep hearing conflicting answers for this....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Do you have to pound out the tranny tunnel to fit the 6spd? I keep hearing conflicting answers for this....
From what I understand (still waiting for motor tranny myself, lots of other stuff here lol), it really depends on the year. I think 92-95 has no problems, and the others require slight modification. Don't quote me on this though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've owned both and the SC feels like a real Lexus (quiet cabin, comfortable seats, and smooth ride) while the IS feels more like an upgraded Corolla. I personally like the SC's exterior a lot more as well, and it is much more rare than the IS. Overall, it's simply a better made vehicle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
SC is way better than the IS. I've owned both, I actually sold the IS for an SC400. It's a better daily driver for me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts