Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
July 20, 2015

We took the measurements for the driveshaft, 52 3/4. These measurements might carry depending on the height/location of the transmission.

Dual -8 feeds and -6 return.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
July 22, 2015

This is going to be a bad street car.

July 24, 2015

I ordered this driveshaft from ShaftMasters on Tuesday, they shipped it out the same day and arrived today. It was a perfect fit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
July 27, 2015

I'm having a misfiring issue, with the initial base map I was unable to rev up at all. I installed a stock is300 wiring unmodified uncut and it was still acting the same way. I was sent another map and it does rev now but it's still misfiring. :(

I removed the valve covers to recheck the valve clearances, everything was to spec and no shimming was required.

July 28, 2015

SuspectSupra welding my 4 inch downpipe.

July 29, 2015

Making space for the four inch downpipe.

Abs lines have been moved, the turbo should have enough space now.

Four inch downpipe installed.

July 31, 2015

4 inch custom exhaust being done by SuspectSupra.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
August 31, 2015
Induction Performance has been diagnosing the issue causing the misfire and to run rich. A broken tooth on the crank trigger wheel was found, most likely it's the cause of the issue. The crank timing gear has been order from Toyota and the car will probably be ready for a tune tomorrow.

September 2, 2015

The issue has been resolved and the car is ready to be tuned.

september 3, 2015

Just waiting for it to be my turn for the car to get tuned.

I was bored today and decided to remove the LSD from an MK3 Diff, thinking about doing the MAXGRIP #1 kit.

September 5, 2015

After getting the carrier cleaned.

September 10, 2015

As the time for the tune was approaching there were a few things that were discovered that needed to be fixed in order for the tune to be completed. This includes wiring the non driven wheel sensor for traction to be enabled, I had a Tial MVR 44mm wastage adapter flange which allowed my Precession Turbo wastegate to rotate, the ProEFI will need to be relocated so that the hood can close properly, I also need to take care of a minor exhaust leak on a clamp by the muffler, one of the heater core hose is really close to the downpipe which will probably be either rerouted or looped and two abs lines are also really close to the downpipe. I picked up the car today from Induction Performance and will be working on it to get it ready.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Oct 7, 2015
A/c lines were vacuumed, checked for leaks and recharged with oil and freon.

In 90F degree weather a/c was hitting 40F.

Oct 14, 2015
The car getting transported to induction Performance to get tuned today Oct 15,2015.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
She first made 525whp with 17.5 PSI on pump gas and they ended it at 685whp/621wtq on E98. Alpha said there's more left but the clutch was starting to slip. Here's one of the dyno sheets I was sent. I will post more details later on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I finally installed the lsd on the IS300.

Axles stubs were cut.

Lsd testing.

I got a pair of g-force comp2 for a really good price with about 90% of thread life left, traction is a lot better compared to before. For the time being that is, I need to go a lot wider currently these are 235/40/17.

I had to replace my brake booster and master. I was having some issues with the brakes and with the replacement I partially have resolved the issue. I still have an abs error that I believe is speed sensor related. I have to look into it once it's solved I'll be upgrading to TT's.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts