1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'm a little confused as to which port you are talking about - there is only one air supply port to the ISC if I recall correctly, and it is required, without it you cannot idle.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fuckin hose...the big one..on the bottom that goes to the intake to the turbo....what if i hook it to the throttle body part that normally goes to the pcv?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have mine inbetween my throttlebody and gm maf and have had no problems. I am also running the maft in blowthru. Some say just put a filter on the isc valve but I havent tried that yet.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
The way cnewingham has done it is about the only way I can see to do it right. Putting a filter on it will suck in unmetered air, which will screw up your idle. Hooking it up to the pcv port on the TB will not work either as that port opens up behind the TB, so in essence it will suck in air that's already in the plenum to put back in the plenum...redundant. THough in reality it will just be a static loop and not suck anything at all.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so why not just cap it off then? he wont be using the 3000 pipe cause he has the hpf ic kit..and i know maft users run the hose to the 3000 pipe....so idk..guess he will have a bad ass idle :lol:

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
JonnyRedline said:
so why not just cap it off then? he wont be using the 3000 pipe cause he has the hpf ic kit..and i know maft users run the hose to the 3000 pipe....so idk..guess he will have a bad ass idle :lol:
You could cap it too if you want. You just won't have high cold idle, idle up for a/c and things like that. Just use an 87-88 TB with the idle adjustment screw and it will work fine.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
FromDaStreetz said:
3000 pipe?? Thats just the bypass valve port. im confused
Yes, but if you use your maft in blow through (or even suck-through for that matter), you need to get your isc valve air source from BEHIND the maf sensor, and in front of your TB, so the 3000 pipe is the easiest place.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the car is an 88...its idling @ 1,000 but like all over the place, itll dip up and down but its cool, it runs awesome :)

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
yeah mine looks the same way. was tried w/ the isc open vent and idle was pissed.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
thanks grim :)

jimmy- actually x-man on here made it. he made a lot of stuff on my car. the heatshield, catch can bracket, oil cooler bracket, fpr bracket and prob a couple other things im forgetting. he is quite the jesse james of the supra world :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts