Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Former 1.5jz-Powered MKIV
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yea, running the stock 1j turbos for little over a year now, and yesterday it blew up on me, my turbos were smoking from the beginning, but I had to use a high flow cat to cover up the smoking issue. so here's some pics

Turbo#1:

Turbo#2:

So currently I'm getting a China Manifold and going single, still trying to piece the kit together. After researching a bunch of post last night, I'm leaning to getting the GT4088 and a decent wastegate. If you guys can give me any opinions on this turbo, holla at me mang; still planning on running the stock fuel system.

My beast is waiting for the goodies:

· yeah thats me!
2,687 Posts
wow! is that common to have the rear impellar fly off like that?

i just received my gt3582r for my 2jz swap and the thing looks puny, but i have high hopes for the power it will put out.

· 67mm of pleasure
999 Posts
Where did you get that Supra front cover? That thing is badass.

What a bud of mine told me would work is run a walbro. afpr, and jdm mkiv 440s, that should support up to about 450rwhp on stock lines.

860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SupraSpeed-1jz said:
hahahaha join the club!!! :)
You know it...lol...when I saw yours, I was thinking it was going to be a matter of time....but to think about it now, my theory is that when the 1j turbos are smoking, I think it's due to the rear ones......

VJ RC51 said:
You cant run a GT4088 on the stock fuel system!

A smaller GT30R would be a hot setup on the stock fuel system. Would probably do close to 400whp on pump gas.
Hmmmm, yea I saw your post that's why I thought of the GT4088, but yea, I'll probably look into the GT30R then, by any chance do you know where I can get that turbo for a great deal?

pnutcar said:
Where did you get that Supra front cover? That thing is badass.

What a bud of mine told me would work is run a walbro. afpr, and jdm mkiv 440s, that should support up to about 450rwhp on stock lines.
The "supra front cover" is just the rear supra emblem that I put on, it took me a while to think of a good spot to put it on....yea, I still need to get the walbro and the 440's....

Blk96SupraTT said:
:wtflol: Sorry mang, but this is some funny ass shit. dont worry man, your beast will now be alot faster then mines. fucker! lol.
the funny shit is, me, you, dan and my buddy vann are supraless at the moment...aint that a bitch...o wells, 2 weeks tops, it'll be back running...

· aKa Blk96SupraTT
5,179 Posts
Shitzu said:
the funny shit is, me, you, dan and my buddy vann are supraless at the moment...aint that a bitch...o wells, 2 weeks tops, it'll be back running...

Damn you!!! my shit will be outta commisson until mid August fucker!!! Hopfully in time for HIN baby. Damn fucking shows falling on the same weekend!!! Either i hit them both or miss them both. but its alright i'll be ready for SILV.

860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blk96SupraTT said:
Damn you!!! my shit will be outta commisson until mid August fucker!!! Hopfully in time for HIN baby. Damn fucking shows falling on the same weekend!!! Either i hit them both or miss them both. but its alright i'll be ready for SILV.
Yup, it'll be ready soon, so I'm working on my turbo kit right now, I've decided that it's the perfect time to upgrade the fuel injectors and fuel pump and then get it dyno'd and tune, hopefully I get 400rwhp, then I'll be happy....

· Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
17,317 Posts
Pete_Howard said:
how hard was it taking them off?

oi. headache central. I did it once with the engine OUT of the car. Don't wanna think about doing the job with the engine in the car...

860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OneJoeZee said:
oi. headache central. I did it once with the engine OUT of the car. Don't wanna think about doing the job with the engine in the car...
Joe is correct, I originally had to take it out once to install the y-pipe/downpipe combo(that was a bitch); then I worked my friend's 2j, removing those turbos and the vaccum line system was more a pain in the ass than the 1j(cuz i had to swap out the jdm turbos out for USDMs), so in reality, the 1j was a walk in the park compare to the 2j, it took me 2 hours to remove the entire 1j turbo setup because I knew what to do at that point(it would have been faster but I was tired as hell from waking up hella early).....but yea, I just got my manifold today, and test fitted, that shit is off the hook, I can wait to get a turbo on there.....

860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
zoonwen said:
did you have trevs y/d pipe ??
Yes I did, I bought it from another fellow member of this board, it was nice while it lasted, installing the piping wasn't an issue, but to remove the turbos to install the pipings was a different story....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.