Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY! I was trying to find ANY information from the TSRMS on how to repair/replace the damn rear coolant hose (you know the one,...we ALL know the one!) that goes from the back of the engine up through the cam covers...it blew on me as some of you know,...but I can't find ANY diagrams or repair instructions...

REPLY ASAP please...I got about 15min before I'm off the system...off to fix this SONOFABITCH!

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Eh, that sucks. That exactly why I replaced mine when the engine was out. It should be fairly straight foward, but the rear clamp will be hard to get out. The hose runs from the union in the back of the head to the water return pipe that runs around the block (under the exhaust manifold).

EDIT: Just reread the post;) Did you blow the heater hose? It should be much easier to replace then the other one...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shit..I have no idea...last I looked in there it was smoking and steaming...I just parked it and left it for dead....I'll look first thing tomorrow....would this have been caused by disabling my EGR system??

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Here is a pic, its prob one of these two hoses. The smaller 90 degree hose will be the harder one to fix :(

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Oh, and I dont think the EGR would have caused a problem. You can clearly see my block off plates and lack of EGR equipment in the picture.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
patience is key. i blew that little 90deg. hose when my egr plate on the back of the head was leaking exhaust. the hot exhaust made a hole in the hose.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed it...took about 10 minutes...9 1/2 of those were me trying to get the hose unstuck off the fitting in the back of the head. There was a slit about 1/2 wide, really narrow...right where the hose kinks a little bit.

All I did was cut off the offending section (it was about 3/4" from the end) and cut off all the cut up parts...cut it with a cigar-cutter like thing. Temporary fix while I re-order a hose for it...but works good! In fact, by cutting off part of the hose, I no longer have a kink in the hose, but rather a smooth curve up past the firewall.

In the end, it burned 1 1/2 GALLONS of coolant! The rad was nearly empty. All better now, I've topped the rad off once already b/c air bubbles keep getting in the system (probably from the heater core)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts