Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· 1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The good, 75,000 miles , NO RUST WHAT SO EVER! Wheel wells are spotless the trunk is spotless, body is straight, 5 sp, turbo, tems.

The bad:
Bad starter
bad speedo cable
bad motor (previous owner said it has to be rod knock)
one dent on p/s quater

Supra's are a drug!

· 1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GotToyota? said:
Can I have the door panels? :bigthumb:

-Matt

Hell no :) My 89T's motor is going in this one then i will be parting out my 89T due to a chassis i do not want to keep. Not too fond of the rust.

Thanks zoonwen

i waited almost 1 month & some days to get it because of conflicting schedules with me and seller but after a 2 1/2 hour drive round trip & AAA towing it to a private location it will be worked on ASAP :) give it a month hopefully or two. ANYONE INTERESTED IN HELPING ME TRANSFER MOTORS!?!?!?!?

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
It sure looks like it cleaned up nicely! Your bumpers are almost as faded as mine... :( Congrats and good luck with the swap! I hope it works out well.

Collin

· two wheels is all i need
1,374 Posts
do a full 89 swap, bumper tail lights wing, the whole 9.

than come back to us with the finished result.... supras are a drug, I my self cant get rid of the addiction, im about to buy another one even though the one i have right now still needs some work done. :(

Congrats on the purchase dude the interior def looks mint, exterior could though use some love.

· 1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
mk3supraholic said:
if the speedo cable is broken then the miles are gunna be off because they dont roll over when the speedo cable is broken

yea i know, the guy gave me his word. He said the speedo cable broke a few days before the motor took a crap. It has 75K on the body but he estimated it at like 77K but hey its still a low milage body and the motor is bad so a fresh rebuild will help with 0 miles on the motor & 77 on the body:)

do a full 89 swap, bumper tail lights wing, the whole 9.

than come back to us with the finished result.... supras are a drug, I my self cant get rid of the addiction, im about to buy another one even though the one i have right now still needs some work done.

Congrats on the purchase dude the interior def looks mint, exterior could though use some love.
I will be, entire front end of the 89 will be going on the 88 along with the 3pc wing & tail lights. Steering wheel, climate control, Cluster, and a few other things. Then i will be parting out the 89T.

what is the deal with the 89 body?

When i first baught it in Feb i forgot to check it all the way through. I was so excited and i ended up having big holes of rust in the wheel wells & spare tire area. Mouldings were bad and when it rains my back seat turns into a swimming pool. I took the seats out and unplugged the body plugs to avoid this but i just can't deal with that anymore ;) Plus i'm not rich or have tons of money to be with out a car whiel its in the shop getting rust damage repair. :) WHen i can start with a rust free body.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.