Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
hmmmm
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i put my friends drag radials on my 1JZ SC300 and hit the track for RSD on thursday. they were 295/35/18 BF Goodrich G-force TA's. it dropped .24 off my time. heres the timeslip typed out since my scanner sucks. other mods: FMIC, 3" exhaust, hallman MBC @ 15lbs.

R/T 1.114 (i was chillin, lol)
60' 1.807
330 5.486
1/8 8.554
MPH 79.90
1/4 13.448
MPH 101.06

·
hmmmm
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, thats one of my better R/T's, lol. this is only my second time at the track, so, i usually stage second, and, i like to make sure i am brake boosting at the right level, and, just pushing it far enough that the tires aren't breaking loose. great lakes made me rent a helmet too, so this was my first time doing that, so it took me a lil bit to get to feel the car without being able to hear it. i was more worried about the 60' and 1/4 times. once i get to know the car with this motor, and where i can brake boost till, and where i should launch from, then i can start getting better R/T's.

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
Oh yeah for sure. When I first started drag racing I was overly concerned with red lighting. I just didn't want to do it. Now I'm to the point where I don't care. You're 60 foot times are great though. After a while you'll learn your car. It's taken me a while to figure out at what rpms I can take my car to before the tires break loose. :)

·
hmmmm
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i'll get there. there were a few i went on the green and my R/T was a .2 or something, but my 60' was like, 2.0 and the 1/4 was a 13.9 or somethign, lol. cuz i wasn't brake boosting enough and my launch sucked. but, i've only had the motor in since feb and this is the second time at the track with the car, first on drag radials, so, i'll get there in time. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts