Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i purchased this 89 mkiii for 2400 dollars about 5 months ago, and had nothing but problems with the thing. after getting it home i found out that the surface rust on the car went alot deeper than wut it seemed. there was a rust hole in the floorboard that soaked the carpet/back seat/wires leading to the back seat, and when i would turn my car off...it would stay running. After fixing that whole ordeal, the headgasket (which was supposed 2 be replaced with an oem n arp's) blew. I removed the head to find oem bolts, so i used arp's and another oem gasket. a 57 trim ct 26 is sitting in the garage just waiting for the little bugs of the car to be fixed. I stripped the interior to bare metal and wires, and welded in new metal to the body, painted the dash pieces black while i was at it...welded in new metal into the 1/4 panels, then used a thin layer of bondo to cover it. most of teh car is primered, in the pics the rear trim pieces are still being painted, and the bumpers are both just sitting on the car, no bolted in. theres alot more work to be done, and although it kinda looks like ass, i cannot stop staring at it :)

this is what the interior looks like...painted the dash panels and the floorboards black

the car is so low and i had no idea how low it really was, i tried pulling into the jiffy lube down the street (i used to work there so they change my oil for lunch) and as i was pulling in i cracked my fron bumper in about 5 different places....

so i pulled that bumper off tha cabinet :)

this is what it looks like as of today. still needs a little bit of body work, and the motor runs flawlessly, i just need to fix the vaccum line nightmare i have, as well as change plugs and wires. Also thinking about a paint scheme to go with... too much work, lmk what u guys think...

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Glad you got a Supra Ahmed:)

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$2400 ?!!

someone laughed all the way to the bank on that deal.. have fun with the car, though
tha car wasn't THAT bad when i bought it, had tha hg def not blown and had i known tha floor was rusted i wouldn't have paid that much, but i'll get pics up of when i bought it.

Glad you got a Supra Ahmed:)
thx alex...i saw u have a build thread as well...i will be looking through that as soon as this post is done :)

is that the Supra you planned on Selling ??!!
yes but obviously not like this...i told u all of the things i have done...in these pics the car isn't put back together, give it a coupla weeks and i'll post finalized pics...i'm just waiting on my new rustless driver door :)
~Ahmed

·
One team, one fight.
76 Posts
What suspension mods your running? That thing is slammed! And for some reason it looks good even at this stage....

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx...it has intrax springs and tokico shocks...

·
Registered
154 Posts
sound like you've done a lot of work to it and more to come but in the end it will be worth it.Can't wait to see it when it's all done.

p.s. is that dash black?? and if it is did you panit it black or are you like the luckest mkiii owner

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i painted the dash and every single plastic panel black :)...its very easy 2 do... and fonz, it depends on what i get rid of it with. it has a rebuilt motor, used , no rust which is near impossible to find in the midwest. i have so many goodies uninstalled, so dependent on what i do i will sell it. obvioulsy first i need to put it back together and paint it...or atleast primer the whole car...i am thinking of putting it back, leaving it stock, just have the exhaust intake mbc and iridium plugs, and sell it for around 3K. i have alot more than that in it, but somehow...someway...i blew the headgasket on my mustang lol. just one headgasket not bof...so now that needs attention. I plan on picking up a cressida tonight, so we'll c...too many decisions and way too many cars for now :)
~Ahmed

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ thx...this is supra number 14 ;)...lemme find these pics 2 show it didn't look that bad when i bought it...and had tha hg not blown...well tha rust woulda still been a problem but it wasn't THAT bad...lemme find these pics...

·
Slow MK3
3,160 Posts
HAHAH holy shit.. hold up!! hold up... .what this that supra that was up for sale in Chicago for like $2500, I swear its that supra that i had my eyes on. It's Ad was posted in Yahoo Auto and probably Cars.com.

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
idk about all that but it was for sale at 2900 or some crap...i found it on craigslist a coupla months ago...i picked it up from dude for 2400, some guy offered him 2100 cash so i said 22, he said 23, i gave him 24 and took it that same day...i didn't know that tha rust was that bad, i didn't know much about tha car, i just new that tha headgasket was supposedly replaced, tha guy i bought it from was honest, i know that because i bought his rx7 as well...he told me that he basically daily drove this car as he was working on his rx7s...so yea it may be the one that was for sale...it was on craigslist for a while...

for those who say i payed way too much...come to chicago and try to find a clean mkiii in the 3k dollar range...sadly we aren't like cali and texas where rustless vehicles are in surplus :(

as i said earlier, it is supra number 14, but one of my lesser buys. regardless its getting there :)

~Ahmed

·
No Kermit No!
210 Posts
That'd be 3k at least here in Eugene.

GREG

·
Slow MK3
3,160 Posts
Man i want a Mk3 so bad now. After driving a Supra a couple of months ago. I want a Supra.. That bastard didnt want to sell me the car for 2100 Cash. He wanted 4500 for the car with 123000 miles on it with oil leaks, ebrake not working, Overheating. and some other shit.. i told him 2500 and he said yes.. and then when i got home.. i had some money issue.. and i only had 2100 .and he said no.. That fucker!!! GRRRRR...
Ahmed you know how indian parents are. right.. dAmn.. they act like they know everything about cars.. Why not just get a new toyota.. it will run forever

1 - 20 of 20 Posts