Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as some of you know I ended up going 1/2 NA-T a while back and cracked a piston through the ringlands. I ended up purchasing everything for a rebuild including weisco's and having $2,000 in machine work done to my block and head. After all this I kind of lost interest. I am moving to SLC, Utah to finish up school next semester from Rochester, NY, so I wouldn't be able to bring the Supra with me neways. It's kind of sad to see it go, but at the same time its a relief. Right now in my life I just can't afford to be in this game. Maybe later on down the road after I finish school. Well if anyone is looking for parts I am parting out my car and have a thread in the FS section. Hopefully I will be back sooner then later. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out. Later.

For Sale Thread

·
Registered
627 Posts
hey man i was in the exact same position as you are now about 7 yrs ago.

fixing my supra made me broke, i was in school, and everyone telling me to sell it, that it was a money pit, etc, etc. after the 3rd engine my dad even offered to buy it from me for 5k just so he could throw it in the junkyard LOL

but i kept it, didn't listen to anyone, stored it for 6 yrs and just pulled it out of storage about a year ago, now i've dumped another 10k into it restoring it, and i haven't even done body/wheels yet but you know just sitting in that car makes me so happy.

if nothing else, sell all your performance parts and things that will sell quick but try and keep the car, store it somewhere. if it holds a lot of sentimental value to you like mine did to me, you won't regret it.

good luck with school ;)

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Hey man, do what you gotta do. School is important, and it's not like you can't find another Supra. But if you can try to keep it, but I was a member here long before I actually got a Supra anyways. Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Sell it, i wouldn't want to be in financial trouble because of a 17yr old car.

Get your education first, then you can by 10 mk3's if you wanted.

·
Registered
481 Posts
bring it with ya we could always use a few more here in utah.. I'll help ya get it going again

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
malloynx said:
can i have my crank back ;)
lol, sure, as long as I can put the shavings back on the crank from when it was ground and polished and unbalance it for you :). But in all reality, thanks Mallyonx for helping me out. I thought I would be staying in Rochester and have time to work on the car but it just didn't work out that way. Later.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SoupedUpSupra said:
what school ya going to? i'm moving to SLC and going to U of U next semester. The supra is coming with me.
U of U and also doing some skiing at Snowbird/Alta :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts