Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after my long awaited lusting period over the AVN6600 I am now the proud owner of my very own unit :D It has finally made it's way from the stockroom to my car :rockon:

...pics to come when I get home...

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Cock tease!! I opened this expecting pics!!!

·
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know i know...i suck, i'm lagging big time. i need to do a panel around it because the lexus dash is like a 2.5 din size. the 6600 comes with a premade one so i'm going to try it out tomorrow. then i'll snap some pics. everything about this unit FAR surpasses the 2454 and the 5435. The only thing that isn't as good as the 7000 and the 5495 is the fact that the hard drive based navigation is much more accurate than the dvd based navi.

ipod integration is a little on the slow side when you're scrolling through based on artist or song. it's like the KCA-420i but it's still cool that you can scroll through by the different ways.

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Does the navi really seem that much worse to you? That alone makes me kind of want to go a different route....

·
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the Hard Drive based navigation is more precise than the DVD based navi. they are made by different companies, which is why they are different. for people who don't need to be walked to the door with their hands held, then dvd navigation will do just fine.

·
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright, as promised here are a few pictures. forgive the fact that there's the hole beneath the unit...i need to work on something to fill that void :(

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Sweeeeeet! I gave up on trying to figure out what movie is on there

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Lookin Good :bigthumb:

I'll have to post some competing lexus pics of the AVIC-Z1 in a bit...since I put it officially on order today :) Thanks again for all the help. AMI dash kit, doing our own wiring, backup cam, Bluetooth and ipod adaptors.

·
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it's Dogma

i'll try to get some more interface pictures taken soon

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
I am still undecided on the looks of the Eclipse units... I'm waiting eagerly for Adam's review of the Z1!!!

btw Adam I just sent you a PM thinking you already had the Z1, sorry >.<

·
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i love this unit :) thank you for the compliments everyone. i just hate than damn space beneath it :( but my glassing skills are not up to par to start messing with it right now, and our custom guy is CRAZY busy with other stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Eggy said:
I am still undecided on the looks of the Eclipse units... I'm waiting eagerly for Adam's review of the Z1!!!

btw Adam I just sent you a PM thinking you already had the Z1, sorry >.<
It's in the mail, I'll let you know.

I answered your PM question.

Adam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts