Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
bb turbo?
if so it should be a sweet set up

as for teh manifold guess it depends on what your Hp goals are.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
sup anthony, i suggested the .58 for now since your on stock fuel you can play around and have more fun, when you start making more hp(fuel) you can buy a .71 and see whats up. whatever though man, BB is the best!

-Brett

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know i think i wanted the .58 to but since i was thinking about getting a 66 and the guy new this he thought the .70 is what i was looking for and he thought i could get the .58 if i didnt like the .70 i hope the .70 does me right from the begining and i hope he is right...also i am doing a fuel upgrade but not new injectors dual feed rail 2 pumps hooked by a y to 8 an till after filter when it will branch out again after the filter i think i am only going to run 1 pump unless boost is getting up there and then will kick both on....think that i need to new pumps or my original will do? 112k miles aem fjo and a 3 row also any advice on manifold vs header would be great

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
A .58 a/r is incredibly small for a Supra. Granted it will spool-up unbelievably quick, perhaps quicker then stock twins would... but that turbo isn't going to be as effecient as if you had a bigger hotside. I would reccomend the .70 if you can get it. And in reality, the spool-up difference in time between the 2 would be very small... maybe 200-300rpms at most. Plus, the .70 would not be spinning as fast as the .58 would, but would produce more power, thus more effecient. :cool:

I know a guy with a SP63 who had the .57 housing and is switching to a .68(I beileve those are the trims) because the .57 was too small and could potentially cause compressor surge problems.

As for still being on stock fuel, whether you have the .58 or the .70, that won't really affect your fuel situation. Yes, you could build more power, but as long as you're at the same, SAFE boost levels, you'll be fine. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.