Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
regretfully supraless
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup...knew it would be sooner or later...I lost my job right when I bought the Supra, so I had no money to get a MHG, and sure enough...

My coolant level drops to almost empty daily, and my oil too...I checked the dipstick and did not see coolant on it, but when I drive the car, then cut it off, it smokes like a biatch...but it does not overheat at all.

Luckily, I'll be pickin up another 240 and droppin in a dohc KA (the sohc is blown), so I can drive that while the Supra gets fixed...

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Damn that sucks dude. Good lucky fixing her soon.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
yeah, in any mk3 its gunna happen sooner or later if you dont keep up the maintenance. well hopefully you get her fixed and get it running again :)

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
All I have to say is; set aside time and money as things will come up when you least expect them.

Good luck.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
sxymk3 said:
I knew it was inevitable, but I had no $$ to buy a metal head gasket...

consider it an initiation.... as it seems EVERYONE goes through it...

if you get through it properly then the car will love you long time ...if not then you werent meant to have it to begin with :D

good luck!

EDIT: just out of curiousity....did you do a compression test? what color is the smoke? it quite possibly could be something stupid...if youre not overheating..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts