Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
IMO, Unless you are a ford fanatic or collector. It doesnt look to be worth the money in my opinion. I think I'd much rather pay the difference for a c6 z06.

But hey man, If you like it thats great. If you get one post up pics for sure!!

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
Doesn't impress me at all. It's not the 70's anymore, we can engineer cars that don't just do a straight line well. Big power? Big deal. The thing weighs as much as a barge.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
God bless my fellow Texan Carrol but its still a crappy made Ford. He only puts his idea's into it but if he built it himself that would be a different story but also a different price tag, $100k+!

·
mises.org
711 Posts
mkiv808 said:
Doesn't impress me at all. It's not the 70's anymore, we can engineer cars that don't just do a straight line well. Big power? Big deal. The thing weighs as much as a barge.
3900LB for the coupe.

·
Z06 convert
1,378 Posts
So the C6 Vette outperforms it in every way for the same price and gets much better fuel economy.

No surprise there.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
818 Posts
2 words

dodge challenger

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Whew, at that weight, we're going to see an epidemic of driveline failure for highly modded setups (on top of the usual failure rate with highly modded cars treated hard).

·
Registered
934 Posts
Carroll Shelby himself said in an article, "so you think this car cant handle because of the live axle? nonsense!" thats when i lost all respect for the man. i used to think he was a genius of classic cars. now he's just a *******.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
475hp/trq out of a Supercharged 5.4l V8? If I wanted a Ford, I'll take an 03/04 Cobra instead and have tons of cash left over

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
It says 3950 for the base weight. Not 3900. The weight as tested was 4130, and as you can see, they were testing a coupe. God knows what you miss out on with the 3950 base weight.

mifesto said:
Carroll Shelby himself said in an article, "so you think this car cant handle because of the live axle? nonsense!" thats when i lost all respect for the man. i used to think he was a genius of classic cars. now he's just a *******.
Yeah, the live axle issue has been a big question for the designers for a while. Whenever it's posed, they seem to avoid the question almost. They say things to the effect of, it's good enough, or it's not as bad as you think. These things tell me they don't give a fuck about handling. These cars were never designed to turn, anyways. Besides, it outhandles the original Shelby Mustangs! That's enough improvement, right?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Shelby's justification for the live axle is that it cut costs by a large margin, and that "they had proven before that a solid axle could pull numbers just as well on a skidpad as IRS cars". I'd like to know how many mustangs will ever see a skidpad........

1 - 20 of 102 Posts