Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yeah, tonight life decided to show me just how it felt by killing my baby.. :wtcslap:

i was driving home from some late-night shopping at walmart, when all of a sudden i started hearing a chattering sound coming from up front. almost instantly, i could smell the distinct smell of no-good wafting in thru the dash. then the oil pressure guage dropped from ~40 to ~20, the temp guage started a steep climb, and i lost all power whatsoever.

i manage to get myself into a little pull-off and then she died. imediately smoke started pouring out from under the hood.. i pop her open and it's coming from everywhere.. mostly concentrated towards the back of the block. seeing as how it was a little after midnight, there was no way of seeing anything.. so i locked her up and walked home.

tomorrow after work i'ma have her towed home so i can take a peek at what went on.. but until then, does anyone have any ideas? i wanna say my HG finally went, but i have a sinking suspision that that's the least of my worries..

kinda frustrating, cuz i have been incredibly gentle with this thing ever since i got it.. sure i goofed off a bit, but i never once came close to redline.. shit, i only broke 5k rpms 3 times since i've owned it. at the time it happened i was cruising at about 3k.. ARGH! :faint:

oh well.. i'm off to get completely hammered now. son of a ..........

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Dude dont tell me you left an old sports car on the side of the road?... get it towed now. Everytime we have left a car anywhere broken down, it got messed up in some way. One time on my brothers 5.0 mustang, a guy named Dave broke into it with a hatchet... we know his name because he left his bracelet...

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
if you wernt all the way in bellingham i'd go pick it up for you, go get that shit now man.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm not too worried about it.. it's a pretty laid back town and it's parked in one of the better areas. i checked her out this morning on my way to work and she's fine.

now i just gotta wait till i get off work so i can get her home and tear her down.. i almost wonder if i lost the turbo maybe? do you think that that could have some similar side effects? like maybe teh turbo locked up, restricting air flow into the engine which in turn cut my power? i don't know...

oh well.. i guess we'll see in the next couple days

·
For Sale
453 Posts
when you get off work? give me a call 223-6734, a few of us can come over probably if you want and we can all look into it. hopefully its not too bad. im guessing if you heard a chattering or knocking sound, and you lost that much oil pressure and you lost some power, im gonna say maybe rod knock, but i dunno, ill have to hear it and see whats up
ok cya

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks bud, i truly appreciate it.. unfortunately, i've got my kids this weekend so i won't have time to fiddle with the car. when they're here, they get all of my time.

tear-down is gonna start monday night after work.. if you guys wanna come by then that'd be awesome. maybe i'll grab some brews and we can make a night of it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
selz202 said:
Dude dont tell me you left an old sports car on the side of the road?... get it towed now. Everytime we have left a car anywhere broken down, it got messed up in some way. One time on my brothers 5.0 mustang, a guy named Dave broke into it with a hatchet... we know his name because he left his bracelet...

ahah that so weird... breaking into a car with a fucking hatchet... seems kinda white trash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts