Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
Fock yoooooooou... LOL jk :)

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Enraged said:
morons, lucky they didnt kill anyone.
Agreed... all these dumb ass accidents are making me reconsider racing anymore on the streets... I guess when i get my car running, the only way for people to race me now is on the track... :cool: aight peace

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
a70 said:
uh where on there does it say NA
all is see is "toyota supra"
I was going say that too... but the part where it goes - The Supra pulled ahead of the Honda instead of THE SUPRA WHOOPED THE HONDA made it obvious that it was NA I guess... aight peace

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
thats why i don't race on the streets. too unpredictable.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bummer, 2 guyes were dragging down here and hit a Dominos delivery. They ended up killing him and the kid that hit him is doiing 4 years right now. Be smart, pay to do it somewhere legal, and save our cars from the junk yard.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yeah right.
I guess the owner needed 8 1/2 minutes to re-set the bones of one of his now-broken fingers so he could call the Police to report it "stolen"...

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
The Toyota left nearly 100 feet of skid marks before impact, police said
Also a sign of it being NA since it is more likely that it had no ABS. although some Turbos did make it out of the factory without ABS but far less then NAs.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
SupraGuy88T said:
Also a sign of it being NA since it is more likely that it had no ABS. although some Turbos did make it out of the factory without ABS but far less then NAs.

Hmm...good observation....

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Well, let's not jump to conclusions here.
We know the two guys "racing" are being blamed for the loss, however the "Toyota" skidded for 100' before impact, so WTF was the guy in the SUV (Stupid User Vehicle) doing?
My guess is he either saw the two cars racing, and thought "I'm in the right, so I'm going to pull out and those jackasses can just slow down!" Or he did not see the cars coming at all because he failed to look.
Either way, he must have pulled out infront of the oncoming traffic. I don't care if they were speeding, racing or dancing a jig, you can not just pull out onto a street with traffic on it. Even speeding traffic.
My other thought is what was the Stupid User Vehicle driver doing while the "Toyota" was skidding? Did he make any attempt to avoid the existing traffic, or did he just stop in the middle of the road and wait to be hit?
We need more information, and I'm sick of speed being blamed as the cause of every loss on the road.
Drivers not paying attention, or doing something stupid is the cause of losses. NOT SPEED, or racing.
It was stupid to race on a city street.
It was not smart to go as fast as they were going. (100' skids, if from all 4 tires, on asphalt would be 90mph + not including the impact speed.)
IT was totally stupid for the SUV driver to have pulled out onto an occupied street. (even if he had a green light, you still have to make sure it's safe to proceed.)
It was stupid of the SUV driver to not have tried to avoid the impact as well. (I don't doubt he did not even see the other traffic prior to impact.) Wonder if he was adjusting the radio, speaking on his phone or sipping a cup of Java? Most likely anything but driving.
Later :)

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
adjuster said:
100' skids, if from all 4 tires, on asphalt would be 90mph + not including the impact speed
FWIW, I g-teched my car in a 4-wheel skid from 60mph and it took ~ 150' The g-tech wasn't behaving well that day, so the accuracy is probably +/ - 10' -- but the supra could have been going less than 60mph and still laid 100' of skidmarks (especially if it was slightly wet)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts