Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
old setup:

new setup:
(have 2 harness so i can plug in the distributor or the cps)

daveh fuel rail:

video of car running with the mk3 cps

car still misfiring with the mk3 cps but my sheeplover(john reed) is going to fix that. I also left my 4 inch exhaust silencer on there so you guys dont go deaf after watching the video :gapteeth: haha We drained the rear end and found metal shaving so i have to replace the rear end and slap in a trd lsd. other than that the beast is loose!

btw i know i havent had time to polish my new setup, but i will and it would look "extra cute" :gaysex:

haha

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
awesome man. whats with the ignition missing with the cps?

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WhiteBlazze said:
awesome man. whats with the ignition missing with the cps?

I just got to play with the cps more(trial and error) but ill do that on tuesday. I also got tired of jumping my 200cca battery so i went back to the optima battery (relocated it to the trunk)

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Congrats man, good to hear it running. That is a sweet fuel rail. :p

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Very nice setup , its similar to mine maybe you could help me with my AEM EMS map =)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Looks good; can't wait to see how it runs, especially how that transmission holds up. I gotta see your car sometime too!

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thedarcsage said:
Looks good; can't wait to see how it runs, especially how that transmission holds up. I gotta see your car sometime too!
it should put up some nasty numbers! im also thinking of going with a little bigger pea shooter as well

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
why are you running a mk3 CPS? why wouldn't you just use the stock crank angle sensors?

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
I saw your car at Blacktrax, bro... it looks sweet!

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
Man, looks good! I REALLY wanna hear details about the R154. I really want to try it but I don't want to feel like I'm driving a bus! Let me know how you did it.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
MadMaxx said:
Still waiting for the R154 review.... ;)
and please show in cabin pictures of the shifter and also underside pictures of the transmission, mount, and driveshaft setup :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
ZaZZn said:
why are you running a mk3 CPS? why wouldn't you just use the stock crank angle sensors?

The stock GE non vvti motor does not have a crank angle sensor. The CPS is needed to get the cam position for the ignition to work properlly

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
neostreamsupra:
any updates?

I'm thinking of switchign over to AEM and coilpacks to bypass my ignition woes :sad: :tear:

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kmn5 said:
neostreamsupra:
any updates?

I'm thinking of switchign over to AEM and coilpacks to bypass my ignition woes :sad: :tear:
its running...but i have to break in the new clutch and lsd before i get it tuned

1 - 20 of 42 Posts