Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i just finished up an install of a built transmission and higher stall put in...All is nice at the moment, except one thing....now my speedometer/odometer dont work...and my o/d off light blinks....

I have the trac fuse pulled (because trans is built)....but another thing I notice..is that the little lights above the "security" light dont blink or light up when i turn on my key....(i know this harness is plugged in)....

right now im just worried about figuring out why my o/d off light is blinking, and my speedometer/odometer isnt working.

I have exactly one week from tonight to figure it out...and I will be grateful if someone could help me fix this.

I dont think it is the speed sensor..(though, it could be i guess)..

and i guess it could be the cold solder thing too. (car has been sitting undriven for 3 months)

Please help!!!

·
Boost Junkie
12,636 Posts
You need to check the speeds sensors first thing. Your car gets the odometer signal from the 2nd speed sensor I believe.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
have you checked the codes? All plugs are in, and no grounds loose? The odo is gonna blink regardless unless you plug trac back in or pull the trac ecu out.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah, so anyone that has the trac plug fuse, always has the overdrive off light blinking??

how do i go about checking the sensors...i dont think both would be messed up....

if i wanted to do the trac ecu, how would i go about that??

all harnesses are plugged...and grounded ............

·
Boost Junkie
12,636 Posts
The O/D light shouldn't flash at all, even with track off or removed. Something else is causing that.

Steve

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do i check to see if its bad or good? if its bad...i have my stock trans sitting here that I can use parts off of........but, could it be one of those "cold solder joints?" that cause a speedo issue???

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Mine would blink when I had the trac fuse only pulled.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k, im really confused now....haha....which is right? which is wrong??....can someone tell me how to pull my blinking light code? or is it determined by the o/d light blinking??

also...could someone varify or let me know if the solder thing would have anything to do with a non working speedo/odo??......its hard for me to believe that both speed sensors 1 and 2 would go bad.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok...so i did the cold solder fix....must not be the issue...i havent had a chance to check my speedo to see if it works now...but my o/d off light still keeps steading blinking....however the left hand side warning dash lights are now working it looks like....so , can someone help me figure out whats up with the o/d off light blinking???......i got 6 days left!!

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
If your speedo doesn't work, its your speed sensor. Its not because you pulled the track fuse (although that could be another reason why the o/d light is blinking).

The speed sensor is the most logical malfunction due to the work you just completed on your transmission and the problems you have presented. Quite wasting time and check it already :)

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how am i wasting time?
im doing my best to pinpoint the causes, and eliminating things as I find out.

I just went and did the diagnostic test.....connecting E1 and T1 connections using a paper clip on the diagnostic port...the car seems to be Code free.....just rapid stead blink of the check engine light......

where is the 2nd diagnostic port? (the round one)

....if u mean, check the speed sensor...how would i do that?

i figured if it were bad speed sensor, then it would tell me in the check engine code test??

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok....i got to reading some more...and did a diagnostic of the O/D light blinking...it is blinking code 89.....which in the manual says is "TRAC ECU CIRCUIT"...so the blinking over drive must be the trac fuse pulled...

the only thing I dont get is...why isnt the speedometer not workin not detected??

weird.....

so....indeed the o/d light blinking is with the trac fuse pulled...any way to get that stop besides putting the trac fuse back in???

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
ok so you just finished a built auto, correct? what was the car before. If it was a 6 speed did you change to an auto ecu ? As well as the tach and speedo?

I have seen this O/D light blinking before, but never found out if or how to fix it.

ive fixed my trac light after removing the trac pump by pulling all the fuses and ECU's.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
....ok...i got the speedo issue out of the way....i still had my old stock auto sitting in my floor....i just decided to see how bad or hard it would be to swap the speed sensors from the 2 transmissions....was just 1 12mm bolt....so i swapped out the speed sensor...(number 1 speed sensor), fluid went everywhere of course...but i bolted it in...took it out for a test...and WALLLLAAAHHH..it works now....so the speed sensor was shot on the built trans.....now all i have to worry about is the o/d off blinking...which isnt much concern now that i know its cause the track fuse.....just wanted to update you guys...

thanks for those who helped.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
dude, put the damn fuse back in and see if it goes away. I would think that would be your first plan of action damn. Wait till you have a real issue

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
.now all i have to worry about is the o/d off blinking...which isnt much concern now that i know its cause the track fuse.

im pretty sure i said it wasnt a concern above, since i pullede the code and figured out why the o/d light was blinking....

but thanks. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Okay, you're doing okay with the diagnosis. But, I would check and crimped wires. I see that ALL the time when people the transmission R&R's. Check very carefully for any loose, crimped, broken plugs, etc.

Also, if you can get your hands on the supra repair manual, get the wiring diagram and see where the speed sensor routes. I have one in hand but have no way giving it to you. You never know, you can have a crimped wire.

Also, to answer where the DLCI plug is, its in your engine bay.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
ok....i got to reading some more...and did a diagnostic of the O/D light blinking...it is blinking code 89.....which in the manual says is "TRAC ECU CIRCUIT"...so the blinking over drive must be the trac fuse pulled...

the only thing I dont get is...why isnt the speedometer not workin not detected??

weird.....

so....indeed the o/d light blinking is with the trac fuse pulled...any way to get that stop besides putting the trac fuse back in???
Look up where the trac ecu is and pull it out. I believe its on the floor board by the main ecu, but could be wrong. I just live with the blinking.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Look up where the trac ecu is and pull it out. I believe its on the floor board by the main ecu, but could be wrong. I just live with the blinking.
sweetl...ill be ok with the blinking too....

does anyone know of any adverse effects of the o/d light blinking because of TRAC?? i mean does it put a damper on any other sort os performance? besides just now having no TRAC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts