Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen pleanty of people with 300Cs around where I live. Most of the time they are blinged out with 22"wheels, 35 series tires, the wannabe Bently grill...etc. I'm guessing dealers are doing this and it probably cost close to $4k once it is all said and done. I must admit, it does look nice except most of them are single piped V-6s. Wouldn't it make sense to use the extra money to get yourself a V-8? I would, who knows maybe they want the better MPG?

Sam

·
Registered
317 Posts
My local dealer has been throwing rims/grills on all the 300s, Chargers, and Magnums for a while now.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
It's a pretty good thing they have going. In an age when domestic mid-priced intermediate sedans are viewed as rental/fleet rides, it's pretty cool to see this much enthusiasm...even among the V6 versions. It's pretty rare on current gen. Japanese sedan rides as well.

Actually, that's a pretty good measure of a vehicle line's image strength...whether modding is healthy even in weaker motor'd versions and not the halo trim lines.

These type of things you tend to typically see in BMW 53x where the stock IDs are removed and M-badges placed along with nice rims/tires or the equivalent done on some lesser Mercedes-Benzes with slapped on AMG tags and dressed up cosmetics.

If GM is going to respond to these cars well with their upcoming RWD line, I think they should aim for this type of success; where the top-dog versions are perfect out of the box, and lesser versions still attract appearance mod freaks.

The great thing is I've seen hooked up Chargers and 300cs and man when they're done right, they're the toughest looking 4-door sedans around IN THEIR DISTINCTIVE WAYS. I'd say DC's locked themselves a cool niche just the way the Mustang has a lock on the pony car segment.

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
You're probably thinking of just the 300's. The 300C denotes a standard V8, which includes the Multiple-Displacement System, which in turn actually makes the car barely just as efficient as the smaller V6. So all in all it's probably not the MPG.. just the bling effect or something. dunno

Correct me if I'm wrong about the C nomenclature, i think it's the Touring/Limited that have V6's... so if you see any C's with all that... then they just want the whole package i guess

Richard

·
Banned
497 Posts
BPUKiller said:
I've seen pleanty of people with 300Cs around where I live. Most of the time they are blinged out with 22"wheels, 35 series tires, the wannabe Bently grill...etc. I'm guessing dealers are doing this and it probably cost close to $4k once it is all said and done. I must admit, it does look nice except most of them are single piped V-6s. Wouldn't it make sense to use the extra money to get yourself a V-8? I would, who knows maybe they want the better MPG?

Sam

They care less about speed it's an image only thing to them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think its just that those models are cheaper and for many of this demographic the rims etc. are must haves. When I was in phila barbera was actually advertising them as the "baby bentley" and added tons of such packages I'm not sure if I saw any on the lot without atleast a grill treatment

·
Registered
702 Posts
also, has anyone noticed that the people who drive those cars are unreasonable snobby?
i don't get it, most of them act like they're driving a rolls and they're gracing you with their presence.

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Poor mans bently. The car was designed to be "gangster". Low roofline, wide center, very 20's gangster/euro liniage look.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dont see any issues with the Charger, but god, 99% of these 300 owners are complete asshats thinking they are god's gift to man kind driving what I think is one of, if not THE UGLIEST and cheapest built piles of shit out there. The only thing I hate more than 300s are PT Cruisers, and well, its damn close. I swear to god if I ever saw the man who designed the car I would beat him down and take a shit down his throat.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Because of the image it portrays, its been a huge success for Daimler-Chrysler; its all about sales/profits to them and they did a damn good job marketing it the way they did.

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
The car actually sits pretty low and is really not all that high in comparison to someone standing next to it... the windows are just tiny so it gives off the appearance of a low roof.

Richard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts