Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Four channels are used for the 4.6L Mustang and the LS1 Camarro.

Supra has six igniters, each driving their own coil. Configure the unit for three channels, each driving two igniters, wired for waste spark operation.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
This would be great on a stupercharged Mustang or other N/A motor that was introduced to forced induction. The stock Supra computer is already very good at retarding timing for knock and boost, maybe too good.

Unless I'm missing something, I think that money would be better spent on new coil packs than this thing.

Just my $0.02:)

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
Ryan,

I'd have to disagree......to a point. There's still plenty of audible knock on TT Supras. With the J&S unit, you can adjust the allowable tolerance for knock (have the unit take action before knock is even audible), there is also an optional display with the other units which displays knock intensity, I would think J&S is also offering it for this model.

On the other hand, the AEM computer is coming out which is supposed to have built in user definable knock control.....at ~$500, the J&S is definately not cheap.

-Mike

RSA Supra said:
This would be great on a stupercharged Mustang or other N/A motor that was introduced to forced induction. The stock Supra computer is already very good at retarding timing for knock and boost, maybe too good.

Unless I'm missing something, I think that money would be better spent on new coil packs than this thing.

Just my $0.02:)

R

·
0 Posts
RSA Supra said:
The stock Supra computer is already very good at retarding timing for knock and boost, maybe too good
Which is another reason to consider the J&S, it'll start giving timing back when the stock ECU is still in the "Oh my god let's pull all the timing before we have a warranty claim" mode

I'm gathering parts for a NA-T SC300, the J&S is one of the items on my list even though the NA engine already has a knock sensor

Rob_O

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
V8THIS said:
Ryan,

I'd have to disagree......to a point. There's still plenty of audible knock on TT Supras. With the J&S unit, you can adjust the allowable tolerance for knock (have the unit take action before knock is even audible), there is also an optional display with the other units which displays knock intensity, I would think J&S is also offering it for this model.

On the other hand, the AEM computer is coming out which is supposed to have built in user definable knock control.....at ~$500, the J&S is definately not cheap.

-Mike

I've never heard any knock on my car. (the exhaust is too loud) :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts