Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tada-san told us that modders could just replace the fake vents to make them useful, if necessary. Yet another line of BS from that guy. At this point I'd rather B58-swap a used, $10k BRZ/GT86 than buy a MkV. Or try to get a RHD C8 Corvette without getting raped by a Japanese grey-market importer.

·
Blue Thunder
3,378 Posts
Tada San knows absolutely nothing about sports car design as he's frequently demonstrated.
But Tada San says we can make them functional !!!! LMAO
It's ONLY a $50k car !!! Gimme a sawz-all and some duct tape !!! I'll make um work !!! SMDH

B

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there a "Tada San" primer thread anywhere that the uninitiated could read? I don't want to read wikipedia, I want to hear what the community has to say.

·
Registered
868 Posts
You know, I've heard that it's not the engineers or mechanics that ruin a good design for a car, it's the marketing department. Perhaps Toyota has some VERY convincing marketing folks... and Tada is as frustrated with the car as many others are.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
You know, I've heard that it's not the engineers or mechanics that ruin a good design for a car, it's the marketing department. Perhaps Toyota has some VERY convincing marketing folks... and Tada is as frustrated with the car as many others are.
I said this before and I still 100% stand by it now.
There is no one, NOT A SINGLE PERSON, on the "supra" development team that was happy in any way at how this turned out. Those engineers are the ones who care more about the car than any of us. They basically didn't get to build ANYTHING on a halo car they are(should) responsible for.

Tada and anyone else at Toyota will never say anything negative about the car because they enjoy having 6-7 figure jobs at Toyota. Give me Tadas job/salary and I'll try and convince you the earth is flat if that's what Toyota wants ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
No.

·
2,020 Posts
That was fun to watch. Proves again on why do the fake vents at all? They don't look good in person. But Toyota has become quite good at vents that do nothing. Look at the back of the Camry SE! Those plastics vents are going to look terrible after they discolor in the sun.

·
Blue Thunder
3,378 Posts
Thing is..the plastic vents are a THING now !!! Look at the Civic , Camry, Avalon, BRZ, SUVs. Unfortunately It's a trend that's here for now.

Don't even get me started on fake exhaust tips !!! SMDH

·
JetFire
5,237 Posts
I said this before and I still 100% stand by it now.
There is no one, NOT A SINGLE PERSON, on the "supra" development team that was happy in any way at how this turned out. Those engineers are the ones who care more about the car than any of us. They basically didn't get to build ANYTHING on a halo car they are(should) responsible for.

Tada and anyone else at Toyota will never say anything negative about the car because they enjoy having 6-7 figure jobs at Toyota. Give me Tadas job/salary and I'll try and convince you the earth is flat if that's what Toyota wants ;)
Yup once that NDA is signed they pretty much have to keep their opinions to themselves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts