Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jaguar's "2JZUH8R" Build Thread -- Follow Along, then See You in Vegas! -- PICS!!!

Anybody remember 2JZUH8R? It was back when Nick went 2jz with his 2JZUL8R project, I bought a clean shell, and my plan was to go 2jz as well. However, my previous Supras were daily drivers and/or my financial situation wasn't all that great, so it didn't happen. I'm not rich now, but getting better with every month, :naughty: and now that downtime isn't really an issue... I am going to do it. My goal is to be all swapped and rollin' 2jz style by Vegas. :cool:

Only time (and the size of my commissions) will tell how crazy, or how modded this baby will be come October, but the project has already started.

So far I have acquired...

USDM twin turbos
RMM downpipe
1jz upgraded 470cc Injectors
1jz Wiring Harness modified for 2jz
and I am keeping the throttle body w/ HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve from my 1jz.

This is the motor I am buying from 935 motorsports just as soon as the money comes in from the 1j sale.

The engine is scheduled to come out on or around June 1st when it will be sold to another lucky A70 owner who shall remain nameless unless othwerwise instructed or permitted.

And that's about it for now. To be continued.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just like old times Nick and I were in my Mom's driveway yesterday, working on my car.

Out with the old...

GReddy T78 kit for the 1j, coming off. Some items still for sale. See sig and For Sale section for details.

Stay tuned...

·
Finally up and running!
3,998 Posts
are you using some sort of piggyback to tune for the usdm twins or are you going to rely solely on the 1j ecu.

looks like this will be a good one :). watching this.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The T78 belongs to Aaron G., the previous owner. I am selling the kit for him. The T78 was never mine to begin with. So I had the choice of stock twins on the 1j, single turbo on the 1j, or upgrade to the 2jz for basically the same cost. With ample 2jz parts for sale/trade cheap, I jumped on it.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R154 with 1jz bellhousing. The 6 speed would be awesome, but it costs too much!

·
2,275 Posts
:naughty: I’m sure you can’t wait for that 1jz to come out and the 2j to come right in :), she will be a sexy beast when she is done and ready for her debuted!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
looking great jag, your doing what i want to do in the future, a 2jz car on a budget. ill be stayin tuned to see how it turns out!

·
4,627 Posts
Are you gonna use the Hydro-Fan? And are you using Nicks old Harness? Best of Luck to you JAG, can you get the 2JZUH8R license plate back?

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the love guys. I'm excited.
looking great jag, your doing what i want to do in the future, a 2jz car on a budget. ill be stayin tuned to see how it turns out!
Budget is key. I don't know very many A70 owners who can honestly say that money is no object. Building these cars is all about being in the right place at the right time, finding the right parts at the right price, and keeping your eyes and ears open to what everyone is doing and how. That's how this project is possible, and what it's all about.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you gonna use the Hydro-Fan? And are you using Nicks old Harness? Best of Luck to you JAG, can you get the 2JZUH8R license plate back?
Yes I am going to use the Hydro Fan, and yes I will be using Nick's old harness. The 2JZUH8R license plate is still available. I never actually had it. It was a chop of Nick's 2JZUL8R plate. But when it's all said and done, I plan to rock the H8R plate.

·
Registered
937 Posts
nice set-up...... good luck on the 2jz. by the way, when does that t-78 spool on a 2.5 liter engine? also, what kind of power was that car making?

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Awesome project! That is a very special Supra you have. I'm actually suprised you're taking the 1JZ out, but I defeinately understand the benifits of going with a 2JZ. :D

Collin

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Thanks for the love guys. I'm excited.

Budget is key. I don't know very many A70 owners who can honestly say that money is no object. Building these cars is all about being in the right place at the right time, finding the right parts at the right price, and keeping your eyes and ears open to what everyone is doing and how. That's how this project is possible, and what it's all about.
I agree with Jag on this one. I came across the exact situation > right place/right timing :) : and found the right parts for a great deal through some good friends.
I sold off my 1jz and in the process of installing the 2jz now.
Can't wait to see what it looks like installed in yours. G/L
Moe.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
WOOO HOOOO good luck Jag

i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread

keep up the good work man you WON'T be disappointed!!!!

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice set-up...... good luck on the 2jz. by the way, when does that t-78 spool on a 2.5 liter engine? also, what kind of power was that car making?
The T78 reaches full spool on the 1jz at about 4200 RPM. That turbo is good for up to 600-650 horsepower. I never drove it with the turbo on it. Had wiring issues when I bought it, and like I said before, the turbo kit belongs to the previous owner however it is for sale. See sig.

I agree with Jag on this one. I came across the exact situation > right place/right timing :) : and found the right parts for a great deal through some good friends.
I sold off my 1jz and in the process of installing the 2jz now.
Can't wait to see what it looks like installed in yours. G/L
Moe.
Thanks man. Glad to see that others see the light too. With all that's going on in our community, 2jzge-t, and 1jz block and 2jz-ge head swaps happening, it seems that anything is possible, and if you do your homework, it can be done for a reasonable price.

WOOO HOOOO good luck Jag

i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread

keep up the good work man you WON'T be disappointed!!!!
:rockon: I'm a believer! 2jz FTMFW!

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
hahahahha

yea im going single cause i now have csnow's Greddy Manifold and Greddy Wastegate for the 1JZ. im looking for around 650 max and like 500 on pump.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts