Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i moved here to Jax over the summer for an internship and was wondering if anyone had any good tips for body shops around here, i work and live by Cecil field if anyone knows where that is. Just wondering since i know Supra owners are nazi's about thier cars that they would only get the best work done on them. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
487 Posts
exvelocity here owns a shop, Elite Custom Auto or something along those lines, a fellow supra owner himself :) :)

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
Marc, if htat is how your car looks now after paint ITS SOOOOO SICK.. congrats bro! and Yea I second Stephan at Elite - he is one of the best..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys :bigthumb: i'll be sure to give him a call or send him a pm once his inbox isn't full.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
stephan is the supra GOD as far as bodywork goes, you bring your car to his shop for a touchup on a body panel and when you come to pick it up you will most likely have something upgraded without even asking... i.e. when phillip took his car there i believe he left with some new clear side markers.

·
Registered
629 Posts
sorry to hijack you thread, but I do have a quick question for you Jacksonvill guys...

My wife and I were transfered from Miami to Myrtle Beach last year, Myrtle Beach sucks. Our time to move again is comming up in 2 months, our location options are

Charlotte, NC or Jacksonville, FL

What do you guy think

Thanks,

Chris M

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys, i'll find elite custom body on google. Just let me know if your open on memorial day so i can drop it off then.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Jax is better.

Stephen,
i need to get both the mkiv's in now for dents in almost matching places, rear Quarter panels, I tried to no avail to pull the dent out on the TT. I will prolly come in to your shop, on my next day off, if thats cool...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
VERY, VERY different towns, IMO. Not as different as Miami and Myrtle Beach, though. :)

As someone who has traveled all over the US and a good bit of Europe... Jax is not cosmopolitan at all. It's a lot like a town of 100K people that has been duplicated about 10 times within the city limits. It's just a constant repeat of strip malls, used car lots, and bunch of sub divisions, with a low-to-mid-grade mall thrown in once in a while. Just never acheives the critical mass to be called a city. And considering that there's no place worth going, the traffic is pretty horrible at anything close to rush hour -- it seems that everyone must work on the other side of town from where they live. :) And there's one cop for every 8 citizens (at least that's the way it looks). And if you got used to good food in Miami, you'll have to do a lot of searching to find good restaurants. They're here, but there's not many, and the good ones tend to be expensive. On the other hand, if you love all-you-can-stomach buffets, you'll be thrilled. :) Enough of the negative....

On the positive side, there are some good people here and the weather is very nice from ~November through March (and a little longer and better if you're within a mile or two of the beach because of the moderating effect on temps that the ocean has). Nice weather for meeting up, working on the car in the cooler months (too hot in the summer for it to be enjoyable), and so forth. If it weren't for the abundance of cops it'd be a great place to have a fast straight-line vehicle. There are no curves, so aftermarket suspensions and cars set up to handle especially well tend to be of little benefit. (People who haven't lived in Tennessee, NC, or other states where many of the backroads are a lot like the Road Atlanta track may not understand what I'm saying, but trust me; there are no curves here.)

I recommend you go spend a few days both places because where you live can be a very critical factor in your perceived quality of life, etc. Let me know if you decide to visit here and I'll try to meet up with you and show you around for a couple hours (though I actually live just north of Jacksonville on Amelia Island).

CRM33184 said:
sorry to hijack you thread, but I do have a quick question for you Jacksonvill guys...

My wife and I were transfered from Miami to Myrtle Beach last year, Myrtle Beach sucks. Our time to move again is comming up in 2 months, our location options are

Charlotte, NC or Jacksonville, FL

What do you guy think

Thanks,

Chris M

·
Registered
881 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
I recommend you go spend a few days both places because where you live can be a very critical factor in your perceived quality of life, etc. Let me know if you decide to visit here and I'll try to meet up with you and show you around for a couple hours (though I actually live just north of Jacksonville on Amelia Island).
And let me be the first to say, Amelia Island and Fernandina are the places to be! Such a cool laid back atmosphere without all the yahoo's.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey this is Phil,, As For Body Work,, I was Very pleased with Stefan he's the Man,, Well worth every penny. Check out this thread.
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333727

CRM33184 (( About Jax,, I agree with Boost Junkie with his comments on Jacksonville,, but as for anywhere you live it can be crappy if you don't have good Friends and the time to make the best of it, I have really been trying to enjoy the Beaches more and stop taking them for granted. I have been really enjoying it a lot : ) anyway if you think about coming to Jax,, I will throw it out that I am a Realtor in the area and can send you listings and more info about specific areas in Jax. Feel Free to e-mail me [email protected]

P.S Stefan,,, :bowdown:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
roger, leave me a PM with when its gonna be done and all. Thanx again :bigthumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts