Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the opportunity to try one of these bad boys out yet? I am looking for a single pump option for 600+ rwhp and this seems like it could be the ticket. They also offer an upgraded Walbro 255 option that also outflows the Bosch 044.

1,442 Posts
I'm using this pump but have not pushed it to its fullest potential. What I can comment on is how loud it is outside the tank. I'm using an insulated clamp and its still pretty loud, only a small step down from my Weldon 2345...

·
Boost Addicted.
1,217 Posts
I'm also using this pump in in-tank setup .. I have not push it yet and it is has loud sound especially at hot ambient weather and this why I'll replace it with Weldon pump very soon.

·
Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,731 Posts
I have two setup in-tank. Like the others, I haven't pushed them at all yet. Jay Racing was easy to deal with and shipped fast. Everything was shipped on time and packaged well. Aside from that, the pumps looked like pumps :). They are pretty noisy, that's for sure. With the factory fuel hat on, carpet on, rear seat up, etc. you can still here them whine a bit. However, they are NOWHERE near as loud as a few of the weldons that I've heard on friends cars.

·
Boost Addicted.
1,217 Posts
^ just email Jay and you'll get his reply shortly .. JayRacing one of the best shop I have dealed with.
My goals is to run 650whp on one 1 pump setup .. BTW I'm using BAP to feed the fuel pump.

1,442 Posts
So what are all of your power goals with these pumps? I have been trying to call Jay Racing all week, but don't get an answer on either phone number.
My setup is a little different as i'm using this pump for vacuum to low boost driving. The Weldon turns on when needed and so far i've had enough fuel for 17psi on an 80mm...

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I finally sent Jay an email and his responses were quick. I asked him about potential max power on one pump and his reply was:

"At this point I can say 700 whp on gasoline and 620 whp on E85 based on what other customers have run in the past, but it also depends on the injectors size, etc.

Thanks,
Jay"

·
2JZ S13
2,220 Posts
How loud is ONE (1) of these INTANK compared to a dual Walbro setup intank setup? I plan on picking up one of thee Pro series 044's this winter to replace the dual walbros,

·
Inline for the win
4,779 Posts
i have two of his pumps in my supra intank the 255 replacement version and i dont hear them at all.
The Walbro 255 pump has never been as loud as 044 even in OEM form Bosch. From that, you shouldn't of heard them at all.

·
Inline for the win
4,779 Posts
Any more feedback on these? Looking for direct experience. I was told GSS Supra runs them but have not received a reply.
The GSS supra was running them on a modifed denso/walbro triple pump hanagar.

DP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts