1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
Thanks for the video. I just posted the other day poll to see others opinions on which method of crankcase evacuation was best . Is venting to atmosphere with a properly baffled can better than a correctly baffled sealed can running line to intake pulling vacuum better for a moderate (500 to 800 hp) powered jz motor used for street duty

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Whoever makes the videos does a nice job with the intros/production quality. This would be something I would expect to see on horsepower tv in the mornings ;)

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
I love these Videos and I learn something everytime.The Video is done very Professional. Keep them coming :)

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
I have one of these cans on the way to retire my tired greddy unit. Just need to weld on the fittings to my valve covers.

·
Registered
806 Posts
digging the scruffy beard.

·
Boost Creep
3,491 Posts
Great vids guys

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Jay, what is your opinion on vented vs sealed cans. In the video you obviously push the vented can. Can you explain your thoughts on this? Thanks!

-Pat

·
Vendor
606 Posts
I always watch these on youtube when they come out. Good info. A video suggestion is AEM vs. ProEFI.
I don't think I'd take a swing at that wasp's nest. There are so many long winded debates. In my opinion the answer is always the ECU that you can get the best local support with.

thanks

·
Vendor
606 Posts
The sealed can would be great if you could ensure that no oil was being pulled into the inlet track. The vented cans are "easy" because you can't screw it up. The other issue with a sealed can is IF it works for one guy at his power level there's no guarantee it will work for the next as both engines could have a different level of sealing producing a different level of blow by. To me it's not worth the risk of pulling oil into the inlet track as it hurts octane too much.

thanks

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Jay,

I wouldn't mind seeing a video on tire choice/ setup for drag racing and street. I'm 95% street 5 % drag and getting the right tire combo is not always easy. I'd read threads about not mixing certain tires together between front and back on the street or the drag. 6 spd cars don't like wheel hop and i haven't been able to get a set of drag slicks yet. Just been using my R888's.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The sealed can would be great if you could ensure that no oil was being pulled into the inlet track. The vented cans are "easy" because you can't screw it up. The other issue with a sealed can is IF it works for one guy at his power level there's no guarantee it will work for the next as both engines could have a different level of sealing producing a different level of blow by. To me it's not worth the risk of pulling oil into the inlet track as it hurts octane too much.

thanks
Jay, Let's say you are comparing a perfect 3 port that does not allow any oil through with a 2 port can vented to atmosphere.

Does that vacuum help much in the 3 port setup? Or is it irrelevant?

It seems to me that the only benefit here is the vacuum source. Apart the fumes that stink around the car which does not concern me much.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
How much octane is really being hurt and how? Is it through minimal dirtier air in the intake manifold vs fresh air?

Isn't the additional line acting similar to the vacuum pump in your vid?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts