Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a bodykit and were wondering which one of these reputable body shops in HOUSTON would be the best or cheapest to install it. I was recommended these two shops to install a kit but, does anybody know of any other body shop in Houston that will do a great job painting and installing my kit?

T

·
0 Posts
Modena's is really good but you'll need very deep pockets and some serious time to kill. :)

I've had nothing but problems dealing with paint and body shops in Houston. They all rush the insurance claim cars through since they can screw the insurance companies for 3 times what the jobs worth. So if your paying out of pocket they don't stand to make as much and your car is not considered a "priority".

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thats absolutly true.LOL Modenas cheap!!!If you think 700 bucks is cheap on the install of a west wings lip on a stock bumper try Rapid body works of of kuykendahl. They have done 2 supras and are currently on mine. They are BMW, Mercedes benz, Jag, and Porshe certified. More info if your interested
Basil

T

·
0 Posts
They do good work but they over charged the living shit out of me. $500 to touch up a 1" long hairline scratch. Then took 3 weeks to do it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
JC auto..George did my supra and my nissan..the supra used to look really clean..Tell him i send you..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sc300, was the price pretty fair? More than anything, I just want a shop that has experience putting kits on Supras. I dont want someone going through trial and error on my supra. Has anybody dealt with MaxedOut Paintwerks or Sterling Autobody in Houston?

·
Registered
695 Posts
JC is one of the best in houston..alot of the cars at the shows have been worked on by Jorge at JC. He has done many conversions and custom work. My car was a piece of shit when i got it. He changed out everything including all the moldings. My car is not as clean anymore due to so many hard launches from drag racing.

His prices is kinda high, but you do get what you paid for. He also did my silvia conversion and painted my nissan 240 also.

·
Registered
695 Posts
all this talk about painting a car got me to take my car back there again..hehehe..it needed some minor detail work.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sterling autobody of Walter's??? Go to Rapid Body works(281-893-6677) They've got my child now.It is a certified shopGive the a call, of ran estimate a least . Talk to melissa Laws and tell her Basil with the white supra sent you. They worked with me when I had that headache with the insurance company.Its worth a shot.
Basil

·
Team Shiftpoint
228 Posts
JC is a great paint and body shop. They have done my Supra and SC and both came out perfect for an awesome price...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts