Supra Forums banner

jdm 2j 440s on stock twins (plugs dont last long)

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  SUPRASTANGER507mgte 
#1 ·
ok im goin thru all of the learning stages of modding a turbo motor. with the 440s my plugs dont last very long, but the car was pulling fuking hard! alot harder than with the stock injectors. the first time i drove the car with the 440s and after i hooked up the spearco, i was loving it! until the motor flooded out with the gas. after dealing with the injectors and realizing my ecu was bad, i borrowed another ecu and put back in the stock injectors (everyone was tellin me to swap them back) so i did it and drove the car a few times. it was nice, but it pulled alot harder with the 440s.

the point of this story is, i wanna put back in the 440s but dont wanna deal with the plugs fouling out after a few pulls. i was using ngk 3330 and the heat range is 7. i didnt gap them either. they were already pre-gapped to about 30-something degress.

what can i do to make those plugs last??? like i said, i just want my car to pull all the time like how it did for those 30secs with the 440s.

my only mods are the ebay ypipe/downpipe, greddy sp catback modded to fit cressida, spearco intercooler (same core size as 7m drop-in).

i have a turbonetics vbc and greddy emanage blue brand new in the box. but i wanna know if theres a way i can just put the injectors and perhaps use different plugs to prevent then for not lasting long. i didnt wanna hook up the emanage yet cuz ill be selling the harness soon and didnt wanna hack it up.

See less See more
#9 ·
I have always wanted to tune with the e-manage, but I keep hearing there are problems with it on our ecu's. Has anyone been successfull, and if so there should be a write-up. Also, is there a plug in play harness with the e-manage, or do you have to wire it in using the apexi s-afc wiring diagram?

#10 ·
e-manage blah. I hate that POS. Greddy = shit tech support. That's one of the reasons I used the haltech interceptor. Freakin' sweet tech support and I got it up and running quickly.

440's w/o any type of fuel controller will foul plugs. 440's flow 14% more fuel so I would remove 14% fuel at 1000 rpms with a SAFC.

#11 ·
you should be running NGK 6097's they are the best plug for our car, and cost like $2 a plug. hell i change mine out every oil change.

#13 ·
probably around 14% ~15% more fuel than the stock injectors (I thought they were 380cc). With my GT3040 at 10 psi I had to remove 10% at the top end (6000+ rpms) and my A/F according to my TE WB02 is a safe 11.5:1

#14 ·
just changed my tranny yesterday in the shop. took it for a test run, and its doin the same shit. car i cant even get a clean pull. it just starts bucking. and eventually it will cut off and give a hard time to start. i had to push my car home again. but when i got it home, it could start right back up, but it wont last long. if i start revving it, it will break up and eventually die out.

note: only mods are intake, exhaust, and spearco intercooler. the stock injectors are back in there.

i dont get it. all the problems started happening as soon as i put the intercooler on. i only got about 2minutes worth of driving. the best 30seconds was with the 440s.

what does the IACV do. cuz mine isnt gettin power, so how would this effect how my car drives.

im gonna try some different plugs. hopefully a local parts store has the ngk 6097.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.