Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 1JZ and a friend of mine was trying to get rid of his 2jz turbos from his JDM 2jz. He already pulled them off and they look great. I was wondering if anyone knew wheter the 2jz JDM motor had the same turbos as the 1JZ came with?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
they do but require a bunch of modificaitions to make them fit.

check the search.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question I guess is are they the exact same turbos or are they a different size. I wanted to get them as spares but if they are different then I dont want to bother.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
they are not the same. 2Js are CT12Bs. 1Js are 12As

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess the 2jz us are Ct12c's or ct20's?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
no, joe was saying that the 2j uses ct12b which is correct. They are larger.

~scott

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha. I thought the 2JZ JDM version used a different turbo size, besides the ceramic fins, than the 2JZ US. I just thought the 2JZ JDM turbos may be the same as the 1JZ ones are.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
supraman95mb said:
Gotcha. I thought the 2JZ JDM version used a different turbo size, besides the ceramic fins, than the 2JZ US. I just thought the 2JZ JDM turbos may be the same as the 1JZ ones are.

JDM and US 2j turbos are not identical, but they are both called CT12B

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So in size they are bigger than the 12a's I suppose. Does the piping and head bolts line up if you wanted to bolt them onto a 1jz? I am always afraid of modding my 1jz because it already runs 11psi and I have heard that going up on psi on them kills them prematurely. I am at stock boost with intakes and a catback. I would like a lot more power out of the car but I have yet to hear how much boost is safe and no one can say how much the ypipe/downpipe adds.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
dont be scared to boost your turbos a bit. if they die on you, they were probably going to die soon anyway whatever you happened to be boosting. i blew up the motor before i blew the turbos, lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
I may be totally off here but a friend of mine has done a ton of jz swaps and I could have sworn the turbos he pulled of his JDM 2j were ct20's. I was checkin the shaft play on them the other day unless they came off of something else :scratch:

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
JDM 2j turbos are big with ceramic wheel.
US 2j turbos are big with steel wheel.

Front 2j turbo housing should fit on a 1j flange. IF you look at Arnouts JDM 2j swap he used 2 front JDM 2j turbos with a custom Ypipe.

Watch out for my secret install coming soon =p pics will hopefully be posted.

·
Registered
165 Posts
OK thinking about it I'm almost positive they were twin ct20's but I believe they were from an aristo not a Supra, but still off a 2j.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what is the possibility you could put these two turbos on the 1jz exhaust log????

How much more power at the same psi are these worth over the 1jz turbos??????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts