Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my car JDM 1993 supra SZ non turbo Automatic has a start stall condition or starts and as soon as throttle is applied it dies. A few months back the car ran fine then out of nowhere started misfiring so i pulled the plug wires and noticed there was oil in every cylinder which makes sense to the misfire so initially i pulled the plugs and wires cleaned them thoroughly soaked the plugs in fuel and gave them a good wipe cleaned the plug valley out from the oil put everything back together and it ran fine for a bit.. a few weeks later the problem returned.. So since then I have changed the valve cover gaskets, cleaned valve covers, cleaned the PCV valve, installed brand new NGK iridium laser spark plugs, brand new spark plug wires, as well as a new distributor cap and rotor button and my car as of now starts and stalls or will start and as soon as the throttle is depressed it will stall. I've read the codes from TE1 & E1 terminals and it is reading code 24, as well as 31 which are both MAF codes, but.... my car doesn't have a maf sensor at all it's got MAP therefore i've googled 2jzge non vvti map sensor as well as locations and can you guess it... Nothing. i've also read through the TSRM and it only states for vehicles with MAF style air flow monitors if someone could send me a photo and wiring diagram or help diagnose i would highly highly appreciate it thank you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone my car JDM 1993 supra SZ non turbo Automatic has a start stall condition or starts and as soon as throttle is applied it dies. A few months back the car ran fine then out of nowhere started misfiring so i pulled the plug wires and noticed there was oil in every cylinder which makes sense to the misfire so initially i pulled the plugs and wires cleaned them thoroughly soaked the plugs in fuel and gave them a good wipe cleaned the plug valley out from the oil put everything back together and it ran fine for a bit.. a few weeks later the problem returned.. So since then I have changed the valve cover gaskets, cleaned valve covers, cleaned the PCV valve, installed brand new NGK iridium laser spark plugs, brand new spark plug wires, as well as a new distributor cap and rotor button and my car as of now starts and stalls or will start and as soon as the throttle is depressed it will stall. I've read the codes from TE1 & E1 terminals and it is reading code 24, as well as 31 which are both MAF codes, but.... my car doesn't have a maf sensor at all it's got MAP therefore i've googled 2jzge non vvti map sensor as well as locations and can you guess it... Nothing. i've also read through the TSRM and it only states for vehicles with MAF style air flow monitors if someone could send me a photo and wiring diagram or help diagnose i would highly highly appreciate it thank you.
Pulled the ecu and tore it down none of Thebes capacitors are leaking and as a matter of fact the inside of The ecu looks brand new part number is DENSO 89661-14600 175700-4764
Also pulled the map sensor and cleaned it out the bottom of it was like sticky/ gummy was wondering if this is normal.

·
From the land down under
4,028 Posts
I have seen a couple of Toyota map sensors with some kind of gummy stuff leaking out of them, but I have no idea what it is.

My guess would be that it is some kind of dampening product to avoid any "noise" so the voltage signal is correct, but take that with a pinch of salt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts