Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen a 7M-GTE ECU with four connectors? I have one. The last one is smaller than the rest and there's a hole on the side of the ecu with a bundle of wires coming out and the connector is at the end of them. I opened the ecu and the wires are soldered to the ecu and it looks like factory made or then there has been some SKILLED soldering done there. on the harness side the connector going to the ecu is useless because at the other end there's another connector with almost all wires cut. I was wondering if this has been a connector to an air/fuel mixture device or something?

Sorry for the lack of pics, I'll take them in a few days when I have time to rip my glovebox down. Just wanted to see if anyone has seen similar to this ever?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
only thing i can think of is a 1j ecu??

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Jaypee said:
Sorry for the lack of pics, I'll take them in a few days when I have time to rip my glovebox down. Just wanted to see if anyone has seen similar to this ever?
Sounds like a stock JDM yellow plug 87 ecu :ugh2:

Finland :1poke: Right Drive Digital Dash Ya.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
yeps you got it!!! ;)

yellow plug auto 7m ecu :)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
they have 4 connectors? i thought only 3

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
3 into main ecu plugs
one hangin off the side ;) (i always thought that one was for the auto)

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ if you inlcude that one plug hangin off to the side, i have it to. manual here.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
ahh.... true..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so nothing to worry about then. These JDM ECU's are very rare here in finland - mine is the first one I've seen so I was a bit alarmed.
I thought someone had messed with my ECU since the factory boost (at least in Finland) is about 0,4 bar and I haven't done anything to get my boost higher and now I'm pushing 0,75 bar. Can hardpipes, FMIC and a filter do this?

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
there you go, the theories/myths have been solved ;)

thanks Dean hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts