Yes, the Head and Shortbock is pretty much the same. The only differences in the engine are:
1. JDM engine has smaller cams, switch them out with aftermarket
2. JDM has No EGR YEAH!!!!!!!!
3. JDM has smaller injectors, swap them out and do a fuel system.
4. Intake manifold and TB are different since no EGR
5. Anything else I didn't mention, ecu, harnesses, etc
Casper, i myself is in the middle of replacing my current USDM 2JZ with a JDM unit....I'm still removing the old motor so it can be rebuilt, while in the mean time i'm gonna be boosting the hell out of the JDM one..again i'll let u guys know what the verdict on the JDM Motor is..
definintely keep us informed...i just bought a jdm head to go on my usdm block...i'm upgrading most of the head with new parts...i'm just worried about the electricals for the most part...i have an aem in my car too...
btw...where in arlington are you located?