Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could pick up a pair of the Japanese Style Automatic Folding side mirrors for the MKIV Supra???? Thanks, much appreciated!

·
Registered
659 Posts
bahraini_zupra -> how much a set would run for??

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Ive got some old shoes in my closet, I should put stickers on the side that say JDM. I figure, people will by anything with JDM on them(this post is a classic example)

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slither said:
Ive got some old shoes in my closet, I should put stickers on the side that say JDM. I figure, people will by anything with JDM on them(this post is a classic example)

Please don't be an ass. They are JDM because they are not available here and only Japan.

I will reword this then.... :rolleyes:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD GET A PAIR OF THE JAPANESE STYLE AUTOMATIC FOLDING MIRRORS FOR THE MKIV SUPRA? AND IF SO, FOR HOW MUCH?

THANK YOU! :)

·
To Go Beyond
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bahraini_zupra said:
thats easy for me to get sets BUT HOW to WIRE THEM !

cheers

How can we get these here in the States? Thanks!

·
Registered
1993.5 White Turbo Supra
919 Posts
do you have any pics of them?? this sounds really cool and had no idea they even made those..

·
Registered
142 Posts
yes... this does sound really cool.

auto folding mirrors can increase your top speed by reducing drag. you can wire your AEM EMS or other standalone with programmable outputs to retract the mirrors at speeds in excess of 80mph. also ... you could program the output to fold and unfold the mirrors rapidly every 1 mph or so. if you got the frequency just right, under rapid acceleration you should be able to generate enough turbulence to create a sub-space void. with some luck and some fine tuning you could fold our time-space continuum and travel thru this void to end up roughly 1/4 mile down the road almost instantaneously. Please let us know if this works out, because I am very interested in these folding mirrors as well... if not i think they are just a complete fuckin waste of time, money, and energy. but i really think there could potentially be more to this.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
Has anyone found pics of these mirrors? I'd like to see what they look like and how much for a pair??? thanks :D

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
phunk said:

auto folding mirrors can increase your top speed by reducing drag. you can wire your AEM EMS or other standalone with programmable outputs to retract the mirrors at speeds in excess of 80mph. also ... you could program the output to fold and unfold the mirrors rapidly every 1 mph or so. if you got the frequency just right, under rapid acceleration you should be able to generate enough turbulence to create a sub-space void. with some luck and some fine tuning you could fold our time-space continuum and travel thru this void to end up roughly 1/4 mile down the road almost instantaneously. Please let us know if this works out, because I am very interested in these folding mirrors as well... if not i think they are just a complete fuckin waste of time, money, and energy. but i really think there could potentially be more to this.
You are an idiot, the guy just wants some folding mirrors and you respond with a post you probably spent 30 minutes writing. :hay:

·
Registered
21 Posts
the mirrors would look the same I think...My supra is JDM... you flick a switch on the dash and the mirrors fold in automatically That's all..

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
phunk said:

:wtflol: :bigthumb: Atleast someone got the idea!

·
Registered
659 Posts
slither said:

the garage i got at home for my supra is pretty tight. of course i park the soup there instead of my daily driver cos i don't use it often.. so i have to fold at least my right mirror to park nicely and having an electric device would help me *a lot*.
now you know this.... can you tell me where to buy some USDM or EUDM electring folding mirrors? Prolly you can not, since the only market where auto-folding mirrors were sold was Japan..... that's the reason i want JDM mirrors. is there something wrong in this? :stickpoke

·
Registered
659 Posts
bahraini_zupra said:
i really dunno how much they are must be cheap cuz they are everywhere on JDM wrecked supras in UAE and i'll tell a friend to send me sets if they are in good price and hell teach me how to wire them tho :)

cheers

wiring shouldn't be that difficult for a good shop.

please feed me back with the price or someting as soon as you can :bigthumb:

greetz :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
here a pic of the mirrors folded on my jdm tt.
i use it when i park in carparks and stuff - where ever you need to park close next to another car and you want to avoid people bumping into your mirrors when they walk by.
i found another use last night when some idiot was driving behind me in heavy traffic and accidentally left his high beams on.
he was behind me for 10 minutes with the high beams bouncing off my mirrors and shining right in my face so i folded the mirrors in and it solved the problem.
:)
you'll need some sort of switch on the dash to control the folding action as well if you're gonna try and source a pair.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Thats so damn cool. I remember a post somewhere on someone doing it with a write up. Would be nice if someone could come up with a kit of some sort to sell that makes it easier to do.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts